Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 23-Official Team Rub Line Raiders Thread >

23-Official Team Rub Line Raiders Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

23-Official Team Rub Line Raiders Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 23-Official Team 23 Thread

Rob, if you shoot a buck with a rack like in your last post it is sure to goat least 150.

Paul
Old 09-28-2007, 08:20 PM

Sorry about not poating a lot lately, guys. School started and I was working 10-hour shifts at work, so I've just been slammed as heck for time. I've just switched to part-time so I'll have four days off a week. I'll try to get one a bit more frequently.

The early season was a bust, but I look forward to the late season more than the early anyway.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:09 AM
Typical Buck

Well shooting light starts inb about 4-5 hours. Wish me luck. Hope I put team 23 on the board
Old 09-30-2007, 01:25 PM

Hey guys,

Well I got home last night from NM, unfortunately empty handed (at least i was). As far as i was concerned it was a great 2 weeks; no work, lots of fresh air, great scenery and we could hear and see elk everyday. Just not so lucky with the deer. But any way here are the highlights of the trip.... In the 8 days I was out there I saw 1 deer and my brother-in-law saw 1. Although he did have an elk tag. And thats what was walkin around. The night before the elk hunt started he took a pic of a 7x7, then for the next 3 days took 4 shots(misses) ...2 shots at 6x6's, 1 shot at a 5x and 2 shots at cows. All the bull shots were long shots; the first cow shot should have been a kill but my Bro-in-law said he looked away from the vitals and at the head and shot over her back at about 15 yds. On Friday night one of the 6X6s came out to feed, he was set up in a blind and stood to take the shot. The elk was sucking down acorns from a scrub oak. Mark lined up took the shot and put it right between his legs and into the oak. Well that spooked the bull and he went back into the thick stuff and out of site, Mark went to look but he was gone. He then went over to the oak to get his arrow. The broad head was stuck in the tree so he just unscrewed it and stuck the arrow back in the quiver. Mark tried to get me on the radio to let me know he had another opportunity, while doing this a group of cows just walked out into this small meadow. As he watched 2 cows started to walk by as he stood on top of this knoll. He pulled out another arrow and at about 20yds let it fly and hit the first cow. She took off running but the other elk didn't notice. Mark said he could hear his cow go down and was breathing heavy. He stood there for a while without spooking the other elk and then walked back to camp after dark. he said he was pretty sure it was a good shot but he didn't want to push her. So we decided just to eat dinner, get to bed early and get up early and go track her.
Well we got up the next morning and while getting ready Mark went to his case to replace an arrow and the broad head on the arrow in his quiver. Next thing I know he is in the tent saying when he looked at the arrows in his quiver they all had broadheads...yep he shot the elk with a broadhead-less arrow. Well we went out and started from the spot he shot from he took one side of the meadow and i took the other and within 15 seconds we found her. I guessed she probably weighed about somewhere between 350-400 lbs. While we were butchering her, we found where the arrow had hit, through the rib cage, breaking a rib puncturing both lungs and then hitting a rib on the other side. We found the arrow and measured through the rib cage as to where the blood mark was on the arrow.

Anyway i got to bring home a few steaks and some stew meat. But now after a few days to get caught up around home and work i will try and get out to try and help out the team.

When i get the pics of the elk i will post all i have is a little video.

Jack
Old 10-02-2007, 10:30 AM

Well, I got out a little this weekend. I overnighted on the mountain Saturday night and woke with a light layer of ice on my bivy. Spotted lots of does and a little fork buck but nothing worth spending my tag on this early in the season. There was lots of sign from bigger bucks tearing up the alders. Come the first week of Nov. there ought to be rut crazed bruisers running all over up there just like last year.

Sorry that you didn't connect on a mulie Stealth. I hope the whitetails cooperate a little better.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

Saturday opens our season here in Virginia. I am still at school, but heading home thursday afternoon...I couldnt even sleep last night!!!! I am practically counting down time to the second...its driving me crazy! The weather looks like lows in the upper 50's and a high reaching 80, fortunately, this food plot that was just planted this year wiht clover has been pulling deer out into it at all times of the day. I CANT WAIT!!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:22 AM

Get us on the board with a good'un Bass!!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, six days and no posts by any of the Raiders. Where has everyone been, hunting I hope. Me I have been busy buying a house in PA, Schuylkill Co. Hope to close Thanksgiving week.The only day I had time to hunt in PAwas last Sunday, boy I hope the no Sunday huntinglaw gets changed.

Now that I am back home I should be in the woods tomorrow.

stealth, sorry to hearyou came back without filling your tag. Seems like there wasplenty of action with the elk though.

Paul
Old 10-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Spike

Well I'm pretty excited for the weekend, I'll be heading home Thursday night and hunting through Sunday. It's gonna be nice to get out in the woods, especially when its gonna be nice and cool out. Hopefully I can at least get a shot at a doe, gotta break in the new bow. GL this weekend guys.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

I shot a doe on saturday, our opening day here in VA. the whole story is in the bowhunting forum. it was my first bow kill, so now I am ready to take a buck! double lung and heart shot, doe went 40 yards and dropped!

Quick Reply: 23-Official Team Rub Line Raiders Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.