Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 23-Official Team Rub Line Raiders Thread >

23-Official Team Rub Line Raiders Thread

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

23-Official Team Rub Line Raiders Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 04:21 PM

Default RE: 23-Official Team Rub Line Raiders Thread

I'm gone for a week and you guys can't manage to put us on the board?!!! Guess your deer hunting is going like our moose hunt went. we covered over 150 miles of moose country in the Beaver and didn't see a single moose, not even a cow! We saw a lot of bears so I guess I know where the moose ended up. There were 4 guide camps in the area and we flew around them too without seeing anything. Glad I wasn't paying thousands of dollars to be there! Now I can concentrate on killing a few P&Y deer![8D]
Old 09-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Rob, sorry to hear the moose hunt was a bust. But it is good to know that you have all those P&Yer's roaming around. So I am sure you will get us on the board soon enough.

Now what is going on with the rest of you??????????????? I know some are already hunting and we have not hadanystories for a while. Lets hear it, till Oct I am living thru you guys.

Paul
Old 09-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Spike

Well I ended up not getting a chance to do any hunting last weekend. Had a ton of hw due Sunday at midnight, but I did manage to get 3 stands hung so I'm ready to go. The weekend can't come soon enough!
Old 09-18-2007, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Surf62

Rob, sorry to hear the moose hunt was a bust. But it is good to know that you have all those P&Yer's roaming around. So I am sure you will get us on the board soon enough.

Now what is going on with the rest of you??????????????? I know some are already hunting and we have not hadanystories for a while. Lets hear it, till Oct I am living thru you guys.

Paul
Yeah, they're around but getting fewer every week (we don't have a seperate bow season so the rifle hunters are laying the smack down on them right now). One of my pilots crashed his plane and another gave up flying charters in favor of a gov't. contract for ADF&G. I need to put together something for a late Oct. trip for some pre-rut action before the remaining flight services are booked.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:38 PM

Sorry I haven't had a chance to get on here, I've been packing up to drive to Maine. Kodiak, sorry to hear you got blanked.

So I went out on Saturday, it was colder than it's been in a while and a bit rainy. Come about 9 I saw two doe come in, one still had faint spots on its butt, the other was skinny as a rail from the drought we've had all summer. They came in straight on to my stand, and I didn't even bother trying to get my bow. I saw a fawn prancing around solo in the afternoon, but that was it.

Now for a gear review. Thermacell works great... until you shut it off, then you get torn up by the chiggers... climbing up your bibs... when you're only wearing underwear underneath... buy stock in hydrocortizone.

I'll be gone for about two weeks or so, I'll try to check in periodically, good luck everyone!

Ken
Old 09-18-2007, 05:49 PM

Good luck Ken, Have a great trip!
Old 09-21-2007, 11:27 AM

Default RE: 23-Official Team 23 Thread

Where the Hell are you guys? It's aweful quiet around here... I hope it's because you're out hunting!
Old 09-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Rob, you are not kidding about itbeing quiet around here. Some are already in the woods, I have another 10 days to go. What happened to our Captain he has been missing in action since letting a small buck walk, I hope he is hunting a bunch.Where are the rest of you, stop in and let everyone know how your season is going. I hope Stealthbuck did well out west, a nice Muley mabye.

Paul
Old 09-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Season doest open till Oct. 6. I am heading home from college on the 5th and will do a quick afternoon scouting trip, although I already have the morning and evening stands picked out, assuming the wind is correct. I am looking for a doe at first, but surely if a buck walks by, he will be having an arrow thrown at him. Cant wait!!! Hows everybody else doing?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:14 PM

Yeah, where the Hell is that young punk team captain of ours anyway? I hope he hasn't gotten himself tangled up with a girlfriend or anything of the sort that's going to cut into hunting time!!

I was going to pack my blind into a spot in the mountains where I had a lot of staging activity last fall but we're getting hit with a pretty good storm right now so I'm doing house chores and watching it rain and blow instead. Why does this crap always hit on a weekend?!

Quick Reply: 23-Official Team Rub Line Raiders Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.