Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 40- Official TEAM SILENT ENTRY! >

40- Official TEAM SILENT ENTRY!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

40- Official TEAM SILENT ENTRY!

Old 11-12-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 40- Official TEAM 40 Thread!

wannabeelk,

Congrats on the doe man.

The rest of you guys got any good news?
Old 11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Team
Was a tough 1st full day on the stand with 50 mile an hour winds and a high of +8 but felt like -10 with the wind. I saw 6 and my bud from BC saw 7. The winds were howling and we were hanging on,LMAO. I drew on a one thinking it wasa mature doe but it ended up being a 2x1 buck. It's been 3 times out now and no bucks are foloowing does still????? What's up?
Back at in the am again guys,wish us luck,talk to you's tomorrow. And good luck and be safe.
Rocky
Old 11-12-2007, 09:16 PM

I should actually be able to get in some hunting here coming off. Been realll busy with school and all.

Wed night I'm going to the Garth Brooks contest so that should be pretty awesome. Thanksgiving break starts Saturday so I got a week and a half to get out and hunt the tail end of the rut.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

The Weather

Well team I can't get out today gue to the wind,gusting from 40kms an hour to 100kms wich is equal to 60miles. I'm not hugging a tree ,sorry.Might be ablt to get out for an evening hunt,supossed to calm down to 45kms by then.
Rocky
Old 11-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Going to my bow stand, the wind is finally right andI saw a good 9 point there the other night,I will update tomorrow night.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

next buck that walks in front of me is getting an arrow. Rifle season starts monday.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Brent
Long time no see bud,welcome back to the team[8D]. We missed ya. Well guys I actually took a chance and my bud and I went and sat for the evening and it actually wasn't to bad for 5o kms winds as they came out onto the field and were cut down substantialy from the bush. Saw two does as I walked out onto the field ,then nothing until I was about to lower my bow and I saw antler coming through the same opening as the big buck I shot and lost last Friday night[:@]. I drew and waited as the deer wasn't sure what he was smelling,then he stepped into my shooting lane and I thought where'd the antler go??? LMAO He was just a 2x2 and actually walked right up to where I hopped the fence. Still not seeing the bucks tending grunting or following does yet. Should be any day though. The weather is actually going to get warmer for the weekend[:'(]. Then early next week it turns colder..
I'll drop in tomorrow night as always, and fill ya's in on what's happening. Good luck and shoot straight .
Rocky
Old 11-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I set up on my new stand tonight and only have a 15 yd shot. Well, I get setup and wait and about an hour from dark i hear a stomp and a blow behind me, the only spot I didnt need the deer to come in from. I turn around to see a 200 plus pound deer ( a mature deer for around here ) I never got to look at the antlers, but the only mature buck around here currently is a big 9 point that i watched not 100 yards from there the night before last. I have to go back and reposition myself. I will update accordingly.[8D]
Old 11-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

Hey team, I have been able to get out for a few days and shot a doe this past Thursday. Just haven't been able to hunt that much or get on here due to work and projects around the house. Some bad news though-- a buck that my friend and I were hunting got hit by a car Sunday.[&o] A nearby farmer has been picking his corn lately and may have run the buck out with his combine. The guys that are helping me re-side my house were going to town to lunch and passed by after the deer was hit. They said it was one of the biggest they had seen and was around 24" wide. The people that hit it claimed it and took it home. Hopefully he wasn't the only big boy out there. I'll try to be back out this weekend.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

Well Well
Not sure whats happening here,but the deer aren't with the boys yet. Had a lone doe go bye at 8am and nothing till 3pm. Then it was only a buck tending grunting. Had 2 more go bye the same way then at 4till 4:30 had a 120 4x4 hanging around but didn't give me a shot. Buddy had him at 5 yards and passed, I was going to take him for the meat as I have another tag also.
Depends on the wind for tomorrow as my bud doesn't believe in Scent blocker ,so I have to doitright him??? Hopefuly it'll work out tomorrow,as he he's hoping to be home for Thursday night for a big free for all bash. I don't think sooooo ,LMAO.Glad I still have another week to hold off cause now I'm going to start taking the does for the meat also for my kids as I can have 2.. Talk to ya's tomorrow and be safe and God Bless.
Rocky

Quick Reply: 40- Official TEAM SILENT ENTRY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.