Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 40- Official TEAM SILENT ENTRY! >

40- Official TEAM SILENT ENTRY!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

40- Official TEAM SILENT ENTRY!

Old 11-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 40- Official TEAM 40 Thread!

Old 11-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

Josh
Nice buck bud,looks like he could go in the 150's,but then again I haven't got anything to compare size in the picture with.If I had a bow or a hand I could tell you for sure within inches. Don't be passin this buck if he walks by,LOL. Andy good luck on your next hunt,sounds like the deer are active in your neck of the woods.
Rocky
Old 11-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

That's a nice looking buck. I don't think I'd pass that one up! Where did you get all the apples? The early frost was real hard on mine this spring. I've only been out two days and saw a doe and fawn. Guys are starting to see some good bucks around here so it must be about ready to break loose. I've got a week of vacation left that I'll probably use soon for some bowhunting. Good Luck guys.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Josh,

I put him at around 120-130 but its super hard to tell without seeing the other side.

You guys seeing any activity this weekend??
Old 11-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

Boy oh Boy

Had my best night on stand tonight,just becuse I needed to take out a seat to fix.This stand is ole reliable.I go to it when I neat meat,IE The Meat Stand, well I just finished rattleing at 5:10 and along the far fencline I hear the crunching of leaves. I grab the binocs and ,wowzer ,great deer I say. Up on my feet and grab the bow,man he had great mass I mustsay, I grunt softly and he jumps the fence and heads my way,well between him and I is a thick maze of willows.
Ten minutes later I hear him making scrapes, then from behind me I hear the sound of leaves crunching again, I'm ready with bow in hand and trying not to budge and look. Then below through the stand bottom I see antler,he's looking to see where the buck was that was justfighting. Scent-loc ,you have to have faith cause this buck came in from downwind of me. It's almost dark now and still have some time to make a shot but decide to pass as he's like maybe a 140ish buck. He walks the whole area keeping me on alert the whole hour he was around making scrapes. This buck actually did a complete loop around my stand looking up at me probably 20 times in the hour. Then from the original scrape I see bodies attending the scrape from the other side.
Two deer bigger than the 1st are enlarging the scrape with dirt flying in all directions above the willows too. Man what a site.It's too dark now to shoot and it's dark at 6:10. Well I finally got to come out at 7:40. What a guy will do for a deer. I'm starting to enjoy being on stand again guys. The majic time is almost upon us guys. Be alert and be safe. God Bless.
Rocky
Old 11-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

What's the good word fellas? Anybody having any action??
Old 11-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Team #40
Got into my stand late tonight wich only left me with a 1 1/2 of light ,dang it gets dark early now with daylights saving in effect yesterday.Saw my 1st deer at 4:20 then 3 more does,they were all does tonight. I found it interesting not to see a spike even with the does. Back out again tomorrow night ,then Wednesday off and then it's 2 solid weeks of sunup to sundown onstand,yahoooo.Can't wait. Keep your heads up guys.
Rocky
Old 11-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

passed up a spike on saturday... havent hunted since.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

went twice this weekend and saw some does and couldnt get a shot at two nice bucks. i might be going to another location this afternoon but im not sure that is a nice deer josh. i hope we all harvest some good bucks
Old 11-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

Well I got in my climber at about 15 after 3 and within 15 minutes I see a doe going through the woods. She was by herself with nothing following her. As I sit there the wind is moving around pretty good. At 4:35 a doe and fawn come into my shooting lanes. I watch them for about 20 minutes. It is amazing how much calmer deer are when they are not over corn. Now to the more exciting part of my evening. At about 5:15 I see a shooter coming through the woods at about 45 yards. He looks to be an 8 maybe larger but he is going away from me. I grunted, rattled and estrous blat to no aval. He just keep on going. Man I was shaking like a baby's rattle. It took me 30 minutes to stop shaking. This was the first time I have seen a good Buck with my bow in my hand and I was excited. Then disappointed because I did not get a shot. I will however be back after him. Wanted to share my evening with everyone because I was sure excited. I will be out every afternoon the rest of the week and weekend trying to get me one.

Good Luck everyone.

Quick Reply: 40- Official TEAM SILENT ENTRY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.