Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 40- Official TEAM SILENT ENTRY! >

40- Official TEAM SILENT ENTRY!

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

40- Official TEAM SILENT ENTRY!

Old 09-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 40- Official TEAM 40 Thread!

Young

Glad to hear you are all right. There is definitely a lesson to be learned there. A high school friend of mine is paralyzed from the waist down from falling out of a tree.

Everyone please remember to be safe.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

Got Out Tonight

Well the spring scouting paid off tonight, the deer came out like on a rope following the trail that was there during the rut. So this stand site looks to be like an evening stand and a good one for the rut as I only saw 3 does use it tonight ,but then again that could havehad an effect from the dirt bikers using the field for most of the night[:@]. Got into my stand by 5 bells and at 5:30 out came 5 dirt bikes on the field that was just harvested a few days ago with still some to be picked up.[:'(]Go figure,where do these kids get their morals this day and age????Had a break when they went in for supper till 6:30 then out they came again ,LMAO. I should have packed up and went home. But being bull headed I stuck it outthen from out in front of me came the 1st doe at 7:05. I passed on her as she was just a yearling, then at 7:25 I heard some grunting from out front and up I stood bow in hand[8D]. Another doe, I contemplated shooting her as she stood directly below me for 5 minutes. I decided to pass and see what else was coming out tonight. At 7:40 just before I was about to pack up out came another doeand that concluded my evening hunt. I do need to get back in there tomorrow to trim up some branches I missed before the good hunting starts. Be back in the saddle come Monday guys as we have no Sunday hunting up here[X(].Good luck guys and keep your heads up ,the season is early.
Rocky
Old 09-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

got out 2 times this weekend to my special spot. and didnt see anything either times. its very frustrating
Old 10-01-2007, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys opening day in PA was a bust. I got a blanked in the morning and saw no deer. In the afternoon i saw 7 doe but the only thing in range was two of the fawns both of which were button bucks, so they got a free pass for the night. I'll be back out next saturday. What's everyone else seeing?
Old 10-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

All I am seeing right now are does. I went out this afternoon with my riffle and took a nice doe with it. I told myself I wasn't taking my riffle out but I was running late and I just sat on the edge of a large grass field. When I shot I was a little loose holding the gun and hit myself in the nose with the scope (what a bone head move). Busted my nose pretty good ,but lesson learned. Take the bow next time. I will be going out to one of my clover food plots tomorrow afternoon and hope for a Buck to come through. Good Luck Everyone.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

still patiently waiting [:@]
Old 10-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing doing last night guys, the only thing that showed up was a scraggly looking little 4pnt (not even legal anyway). Hopefully i'll get out tommorrow.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Leaving for Wyoming very soon for our antelope hunt. Hopefully will have some good pictures to post for you guys when I get back. Then it's full focus on whitetails. It's just been too hot lately. Probably close to 90 today. Also have EHD (blue tongue) in my area thats killing the deer. Hopefully I'll have a decent season anyway. Good Luck guys.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still seeing nothing but slickheads. Its been pretty hot around here, I am hoping it will cool off and get some buck moving around. I see one more doe, she may be in trouble What's everyone else up to?
Old 10-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Nothing going on here but heat. They are calling for cooler temps by Thursday.( Thank Goodness) I have already taken 4 does this year and I am ready for the big boy to come around. I may try to go tomorrow then I am waiting on Thursday.

Quick Reply: 40- Official TEAM SILENT ENTRY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.