Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

Official Rules.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:07 PM

Default RE: Official Rules.

i wouldnt that deer could be the game winner. it only takes 1 inch to win and i bet that deer has 6
Old 08-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BowHunterJim

i wouldnt that deer could be the game winner. it only takes 1 inch to win and i bet that deer has 6
No Windwalker7, it's all about fun and one never knows, that deer could be put a team over the top. I'd be the first to congratulate the shooter and BHJ, I'd bet that deer scores more than 6...figure spike measurements, inside spread and let's say 2 circum measurements per side...
Old 09-04-2007, 10:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Simple, there are deer in every state depending on species and I'd bet, everyone hunts them or has opportunity to hunt them. Elk, not so much.
So then maybe next year you should call it the "2008 Deer BowHunting Contest"[8D]. You might check your stats, I don't believe Hawaii has any of the three deer types you specify.. but they have some great hog hunting.

Hopefully in the next 50 years the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation will have found a way to introduce Elk to all fifty states so all you Whitetailers can have a chance to hunt this magnificent animal.. I'm not holding my breath on it though
Old 09-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: fishm@n

Simple, there are deer in every state depending on species and I'd bet, everyone hunts them or has opportunity to hunt them. Elk, not so much.
So then maybe next year you should call it the "2008 Deer BowHunting Contest"[8D]. You might check your stats, I don't believe Hawaii has any of the three deer types you specify.. but they have some great hog hunting.

Hopefully in the next 50 years the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation will have found a way to introduce Elk to all fifty states so all you Whitetailers can have a chance to hunt this magnificent animal.. I'm not holding my breath on it though
Maui Wes used to post here on a regular basis, from the conception of the forums and is a deer friend of ours. You can bet your ass he was hunting deer...not sure which species now... but we would accomodate it.

Let me ask you, you come up with the right multiplication and specs and we'll consider it. Wouldn't want to leave anyone out but your telling me, You don't hunt deer of any species?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:04 AM

Oh yeah I hunt Mulies and Whiteflags when they happen to live in the same country as Elk.. which is typical for Mulies but not so much for Whiteflags as they stick to the river bottoms out west.

OK I won't rock the boat anymore but maybe food for thought next year.

You ever put in for any of the PA elk tags? According to RMEF PA has a good population of Elk now. I saw that a poacher in PAkilled and left lay an untypical that had the widest spread of any elk ever anywhere. People like that should be gutshot and left for dead.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishm@n

Maui Wes used to post here on a regular basis, from the conception of the forums and is a deer friend of ours. You can bet your ass he was hunting deer...not sure which species now... but we would accomodate it.

Let me ask you, you come up with the right multiplication and specs and we'll consider it. Wouldn't want to leave anyone out but your telling me, You don't hunt deer of any species?
Axis deer in Maui.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Is it too late to sign-up...at least as an alternate?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Unfortunately turkeygirl2, it is. Sign ups run from July through August. Teams are filled and the contest has been running full. Make sure to watch for the team sign ups next year and continue to enjoy the entries. Good luck this season.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick scoring question. I shot a 7 point, basic 6 point with a split brow. I'm assuming I only get 3 H (circumference measurements) correct?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Site Buck Guru

Everything gets 4 "H" measurements per side. On the 4 point side you measure between the burr and the g-1 (always the smallest measurement), the g-1 and the g-2, the g-2 and the g-3 then half the distance from the center of the g-3 to the tip of the main beam.

On the 3 point side, everything is the same but I think that you measure from the center of the g-2 to the tip of the main beam . Take that measurement and divide by 3 and take the H-3 and H-4 measurements that distance apart, starting from the center of the g-2.

Ex. If the measurement from the center of the g-2 to the tip of the main beam is 9".

9/3 = 3, so 3" from the center of the g-2 is where you take the H-3 measurement and 3" past the H-3 measurement is where you take the H-4 measurement.

Quick Reply: Official Rules.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.