Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Hunted Thurs-Sun with no dead deer to report. Passed up over 20 total though including a couple of young bucks. The young ones are really moving here, but the old brutes just are still mostly nocternal. I saw one I would have shot Thursday morning. He got about 50 yards from my stand and decided to turn north instead of south.

Friday evening I put out my 3d target with one antler on it to see what a buck would do to it. I had a 1.5 year old come in and he freaked when he saw that decoy. He puffed all his hair out, scraped the ground, walked all stiff legged around it. It was really awesome to watch. I wish I would have had a video camera for it. He stood at 10 yards broadside for 5 minutes deciding what to do with the decoy. Eventually he just walked off, but what an experience!
Old 10-29-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im leaving this afternoon for the farm. Wont be back till the third weekend of November. Ill be hunting the enitre time and hopefully get a nice buck for the team. Good luck to everyone the next couple of weeks!!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

That would be awesome Jim. I went back out Sunday morning and seen three more does but that was it. It is going to be in the 80's for the next couple of days so I am not even going to go out until Thursday. I am hoping this weekend will pay off. If not then I will be taking a couple of vacation days next week to hunt all day.

Good luck guys. I wish I had that much vacation. I am jealous!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:59 AM

well guys we've got a lot of ground to cover with all these bucks being scored for other teams. I'm trying my darndest. Hopefully tonight one will take a dirt nap. update ya later
Old 10-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of bucks being taken is right. The score card has lit up and probably will keep filling for the next 3-4 weeks. Lets hope we're on top at the end. Its just getting started!

My trip was delayed one day because of the dog. She needs surgery. Im hopefully leaving this evening after a vet appointment.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to all of us. This weekend will be great I think. That doeesn't mean that I will necessarily take one, but I am sure going to do my best. I think that Craig, Dennis, Justin and Ryan are going to put down some good bucks this weekend.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope your right! I hope at least one of us scores this weekend. It sounds like everyone will be hunting anyway. That sound like great odds to me. The score thread is on fire right now isn't it!
Old 10-30-2007, 07:08 PM

Hey guys, just checking in, sounds like we are all hard at it. The very first morning I took a doe at 20 yards, meat in the freezer and even more important a boost of confidence in the shooting. No bucks down for me but not because of lack of sightings. 2 nights in a row, from the same stand and I have seen 2 bucks that would score in the 140s. Last night he was about 40 yardsaway in the brush and wanted nothing to do with a grunt, a bright white racked 10 and tonight right at dark I thought it was going to happen. A dark racked brute got about 30 yards from me and was on the trail coming right to me, he peed in a scrape, stood there for a second and then a grunt and some running below us caught his attention and away he went. I tried hitting him with the can and a grunt and he wasnt interested. I about cried. The night before I had about a 110" 8 at 10 yards eating acorns. I thought hard about him but let him walk. Dont hold it against me! I have seen grunting and chasing everyday so far and am just hoping if I keep at it every morning and afternoon one will turn in my direction. As fun as it is, every morning and evening starts to wear a person down, but heck, I can rest all winter. 5 more days of vacation. If I dont score I am going to see if I can get a couple days off next week. Good luck to you all.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guy, checking in....

The temps here in MD are starting to drop and the deer are finally moving. Last tow nights I've seen a ton ot does and a few small bucks (4's and a 6). So things are looking up! Hopefully the next time you hear from me I'll have some buck pic's!!

Good hunting everybody!

Chris
Old 10-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Uh-oh, add Chris to the list of those downing a good one this weekend. How awesome would that be to post 5 or 6bucks this weekend? That would really make my month.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.