Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Dear Jester,

You Suck!

Sincerely, LT

(Just kidding Jester) Man that is a beautiful place by any means.

On a "more serious note", We need some more scores to get the intimidation thing going. LOL I have plans to hunt this afternoon and tommorow. I am considering an all day sit in the Viper tomorrow. I know it's not the rut yet, but the deer around here seem to be moving quite a bit during the middle of the day for some reason. Time in the stand is the only way to tell for sure. I have the 26th thru the 31st off for vacation. I will be doing some serious tree time during those days. Anyways, Good Luck to everyone. Let's get out there and hunt.

You know the saying, "You can'tget a buckif you are on the couch."

Later,

LT
Old 10-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Fork Horn

Ha... You guys are killing!

Yeah it was tough to come back home... Hey the good news is, it is finally going to cool off in MD. No more 90+ degree days. A little rain today and tonight and highs the60's after that. I've been checking the trail cams and it seems nothings moving... So maybe this will help.

P.S. If you guys want to hate me more... I have some great pictures of watching the sunset from Soggy Dollar Bar on Yost Van Dyke.

Now I'm sorry that was just uncalled for... Dear lord, sorry about them pigmies in New Guinea

Old 10-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jester - sounds like one heck of a time buddy. Congrats on the anniversary too. That is an accomplishment these days. You're a lucky man to still have a great relationship with your wife. Now, enough mushy stuff. Go kill a monster buck

LTK - Go get one man. That is encouraging that they are moving in the middle of the day. I know you are going to whack one during your vacation. Best of luck!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I am going to set on the couch tonight! I took my daughter out last night in the ground blind. She was so funny. 1/2 hour into it we had already eaten all the snacks mom packed us. Then she said "dad, there is no deer comming out lets go home". We waited for awhile and she got out her coloring book and would color and then check the windows to see if anything was comming yet. 1 hour into it she says "dad, I think dinner is ready". We waited a litte longer and a squirrel came down the tree about 5 yards from us and was playing around and she had fun watching him. The sun set and she said it's getting to dark out, It really wasn't but the black inside of the blind makes it pretty dark. So we packed up and headed back to the truck. It was probably one of the most enjoyable times in the woods.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Typical Buck

Not that it matters for me antmore this year but I will be back in the stand in the morning. The weather has cooled off and the wind will be perfect. I guess I will let my 14 year old daughter take the best stand, but if she does not take a buck but Sunday morning all bets are off.......LOL.

Good Luck everyone.

-john
Old 10-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

It definitely matters John. Perhaps not for the contest, but maybe we could photoshop somethingBest of luck. Go stick another biggin'.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

huntingson, thanks for the encouragement. I am going to give it my best shot.

Wheatley, those are the best hunts ever. My son always has our blind smelling like McDonald's at 6:00am with his Sausage Biscuit and A&W Root Beer. Those kids are a hoot when they are first experiencing a hunt. I would not trade that for the world.

Oh, and by the way Wheatley, you get your good-fer-nuttin butt off the couch and go to your stand this evening. You have to be there. And just think, that 150" Bad Boy is going to walk 20 yds from your setup this evening, turn broadside and stop for 5 minutes in your shooting lane.Where will you be?? Kinda makes you wonder huh? LOL

Later, LT
Old 10-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh man don't say that. I am stuck working on a ladies fence this evening. It shot up to 81 degrees today so I really don't want to go tonight anyway. My wife works this weekend in the mornings and then Saturday we are making our annual trip out to the pumkin patch. Sunday evening I will be heading out though. Then the next two weekends (Oct 27th & NOv 3rd) I will be out all day Saturday and most of the day on Sundays. If I don't get lucky enough on those two weekends I will be taking some vacation Nov 7th and 8th.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:52 PM

wow! mid way into page 2! not good... well maybe it is, means everyone is hunting, except me, stuck working this weekend.

anyway my update... Thursday night i got a call from a guy that i work with. he's a serious hunter, and he was shining one of my fields, and said he saw one of the biggest bucks he's ever seen. he shot a 166 inch buck last year, and said that this buck looked huge compared to his, so im figuring that its that monster i watched this summer. then friday night i saw a huge main frame 10 with splits off both 2's roughly half mile from our land, and a majority of the land between is fields, so hopefully he makes a swing toward me.

Tomorrow morning I'm hunting before i head back to school, so i'll get 2 1/2 hours or so in. I had been planning on sitting in my hill stand where I'd been seeing all those rubs. I also made a few mock scrapes and there are a few up there already so i was pumped about that. THEN i got to my transition stand, and found a HUGE scrape that must have been worked this morning, and the scrape was close to 5 ft long and 3 ft wide, so i am going to sit there instead. there was also a pretty big track in it... who knows, that 170+ buck was heading that way the other nightI AM PUMPED!
Old 10-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

I was out on Saturday. Figured it would have been a great morning. Friday it rained all day, some periods hard down pours. Wasn' supposed to stop raining until 3-4 am. Would have been perfect. Well the rain ended at about midnight which had the deer moving early. Once day broke, the winds picked up to 20 - 25 mph, which end the day with no deer even seen.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.