HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/194734-17-official-team-autumn-assassins-thread.html)

Wheatley 06-18-2007 02:06 PM

RE: Autumn Assassins

We have had an excellent year as far as moisture goes. We had a great winter and now a great spring and a good start to summer. We have received 7" of rain the last week.

drhntr178 06-18-2007 02:47 PM

John, congrats on the new bow. That buck looks like hes gonna be a good one!!

Yes, i am fortunate to have a flexible job and a lot of vacation and comp time. I usually take april and november off each year for hunting. Last year i got a little antsy and killed my buck before the vacation started. My minimum standards have gone upsince last yearthough. This year its >125 or nothing.

huntingson 06-18-2007 02:56 PM

Well, maybe come the late season you can reduce your minimums a little to put some digits on the scoreboard;)

We have had a crappy spring. It hasn't rained here in over 2 weeks and the crops are looking pretty bad. If it doesn't rain in the next week I think the farmerswill betotally hosed.

ron3775 06-22-2007 04:56 AM

Hey all, checking in. Well to say the least, I have been very busy. Between one son playing soccer and another son playing baseball in which I was coaching I haven't been able to do much shooting. Since soccer is over and baseball is near the end, I should be able to get more time to get my confidence built up to take longer shots this year. Last year I had to let two good bucks go due to them being over what I was comfortable with. I just started a new job so my time off isn't what it used to be. I will still be hunting on the Army Depot that I was on last year, so I can't do any scouting anyway. A good thing is that the area that I hunt hardly sees any pressure at all.

GMMAT 06-22-2007 05:04 AM

The more I think about it.......

You assemble 10 guys at random......and they put (on average) 80" of bone, per man, on the ground. I'm still amazed at what you guys did.

ron3775 06-22-2007 05:08 AM

This year we're aiming to put at least 90" average on the ground! ha wouldn't that be nice.

Germ 06-22-2007 05:17 AM

I just wanted to say

You guys are going down faster than Paris Hilton;)

ron3775 06-22-2007 05:27 AM

lmao that was good

buckeye 06-22-2007 06:00 AM

Hey, I wanted to drop you guys a big congrats for laying it down like that in the contest last year! Great season guys and I am looking forward to meeting my new team and competing with you guys again this fall.

Good luck in 07!
[/align]

Wheatley 06-22-2007 07:50 AM

I promise I will bring my score up this year. We will be at least 90" average but I was thinking more along the lines of 110". :D