HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2007 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest-91/)
-   -   17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2007-bowhunting-contest/194734-17-official-team-autumn-assassins-thread.html)

BerwindaleBoy 07-25-2007 10:04 PM

RE: Autumn Assassins

Hey guys, the 3 big muleys I have been seeing are on the same pattern as the one I killed last year on opening day. The biggest one is probably a 170-180 class 6x6. Even if he dissapears, the two he's with are WAY bigger than anything I've ever killed. I will be keeping my fingers crossed they stick to the same alfalfa field.

GMMAT 07-26-2007 05:08 AM

Berwin:

Wasn't your buck last year shot in velvet? I'm hoping to see one like that this year, myself. Good luck.

ron3775 07-26-2007 05:52 AM

looks good berwin. Best of luck, and hope that moster hangs around.

Wheatley 07-26-2007 08:07 AM

Sounds great Berwin. That would be awesome if he shows up opening day in the same spot as last year (In velvet). Get us started right!

TX_Hoghunter 07-26-2007 08:27 AM

Sounds great. It would be really neat to get on the board first again this year.

-john

BerwindaleBoy 07-27-2007 10:42 PM

They were back out there again tonight!!!!!!! Matt, the buck I shot last year was in velvet. But these guys are a whole different caliber of deer. The 6x6 isn't the biggest muley I've ever seen, but he is the biggest I've seen with any sort of regularity. If i can kill that buck, I honestly wouldn't care about getting an elk this year. I would just concentrate on making my dads trip out here remarkable.

Wheatley 07-31-2007 07:50 AM

When does your season open out ther in Montana? I can't wait to hear the results of your first outing.

I shot a little last night to set up my 30 - 60 yard pins but didn't have enough time to adjust them. Anteope season opens here on the 20th so I need to get them set up and start shooting some broadheads.

huntingson 08-02-2007 11:20 AM

Finally got my sight pins just right. My last 4 groups from 50 and 55 yards were less than 2", which is really good shooting for me. One of those nights where you just feel it and everything goes smoothly. I am all set for caribou now!!!

Berwin and Wheatley, good luck on your hunts. I think old BB is going to get a monster mulie and push us out to an early lead again. Wheatley is going to shoot a monster goat, but sadly it won't countjust like my caribou:(

drhntr178 08-03-2007 09:30 AM

Im still working on getting my bow dialed in. I swtiched cat whiskers last week (The other ones were moving up and down the string). With the new ones installed my string had a slight buzz to it. I tried out a friends STS and the buzz was gone, very quiet, and the bow shot 2 fps faster. So now ive ordered a MeanV CSS and just waiting on thatto complete my adjustments for the off season.

TX_Hoghunter 08-06-2007 12:27 PM

We have pics of LOTS of good bucks but here is the one that I hope to see in 53 or so days. I am a sucker for the wide ones.

-john