HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WB - what happened here???
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Straightarrow

Default RE: WB - what happened here???

Hey, Straightarrow. Been hiding out. Last time I tried to shoot a bow my shoulders gave me fits for two weeks. Been kinda down in the dumps and avoiding the forums since. Hard to to accept that it's over, ya know. My archery is limited to crossbows now. I'm enjoying the midieval crossbow replica I made. Got pics of it in the crossbow forum, if you wanna see it.
I understand totally. I'd be bummed too if I couldn't shoot. I have a shoulder that has had rotator cuff problems in the past. It still bothers me while shooting a compound. In fact, it may be one of the reasons I tend to reach for my longbow more often than the compound. For whatever reason, it's easier on my shoulder - besides being more fun to shoot. The point is, it does worry me that my shoulder could prevent me from shooting if it were to regress at any point.

I saw a photo of your crossbow before. Impressive to say the least. Better that, than nothng at all. Anyway, your unique point of view is sorely missed when you're not around to straighten out the rest of us.

Don't know how easy it'd be to repair damage that bad to where it'd shoot like new again though. But it does seem prudent to me to keep three or four biscuits on hand at all times, stashed in your bow case, for just such an emergency.
Now, that is funny. Seriously, I can't stop chuckling!