HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hung up buck
Thread: Hung up buck
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Arrowmaster
Super Moderator

Default Hung up buck

Today while driving down the road, I spot a buck hung up in a fence along side the road. Well I turned around and stopped, along with another gentleman. We got the buck calmed down as much as we could. We attempted to get the buck free from the fence but to no avail, he was hung up good. We ended up getting his back legs free but he was still hung up on his mid section. Another guy arrived and stood in the road stopping traffic,so when we freed the buck he wouldnt get hit. Then another guy arrived and told us to put a coat over its head so it wouldnt be as scared. We did this and the 3 of us got the buck free. He went back thru the fence and ran back along the fence, went 50 yards and tried to get thru the fence again and what happened next. You got it he got stuck in the fence again. So me and the first guy went down and put the coat over his head again, and got him free one more time. This time he went the other way and jumped in a pond and swam to the other side got out of the water and took off. Thats how my Saturday started out. But even though Im a deer hunter,it was very gratifying to help this animal in his time of need...