Community

Team 10

Old 11-20-2006, 03:56 AM

Default RE: Team 10 checkin

ORIGINAL: Saskabush

Welcome Jimmy S! Good luck getting your buck.

TimHixson, you can email the picture to me. Send it as a jpeg if you can. Email is: [email protected]
I will email you pictures today. I got a buck Sunday morning. He is only worth a few points, as he is missing half his rack. He has 4 points on just the one side.

Tim

Old 11-20-2006, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Here they are. Do you have a score to go with the buck? I will post on the scorecard thread as soon as you have a score for it.

Good work, congrats on filling the freezer!

Anybody else having any luck? Toadder, you make it out today (opening day)?

Old 11-20-2006, 01:57 PM

How do I score it since it is missing the whole right rack?
Old 11-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Measure the left antler (main beam and tines) and if he has at least an inchremaining on the rightyou can get an inside spread. May not add up to much but every inch counts If you still have a buck tag left you can wait and enter the next one instead, your choice.

There is a link posted at the top of the hunting contest forum if you're having trouble with how to measure.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:56 AM

You can only take one buck in indiana, so my season is over.

Would it be correct to measure it as if the other side was the same as the one that is there and then take the total score and only use half of it?

I use the link to score it as if it had both sides, and it scored 80 4/8. That would put my score at 40 since he is missing half his rack??

I will let the mods/leaders decide what to do with this one. I am just here for fun, so whatever happens is fine with me.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:56 AM

D**n Saska.........that monster was growing 2 racks!! Great deer....love the coloring too.....nice and dark. Congrats and good luck the remainder of your season.

I got myself a nice little 8ptr this past Sunday. Once the pictures get developed (digital chit the bed) I'll post pictures with the score.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

thanks wryfly, congrats on the buck. i can't wait to see you pictures.

Tim, I suppose we'll just wait and see what Cougar mag says. I think you should get at least partial credit for your buck.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go Tim, Team10 is on the board!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:50 PM

Hey guys hows it going congrats Tim, i did you go out opeing day saskabush i went out with my brother and his buddy we were where we seen a big deer scouting but he was no where to be found so we went into the hills where my buddy shot a nice buck grossing around 140 (i could have shot him.[:@]) then a few minutes later we seen a deer from around 600 yards with what looked like a real wide reack so my brother stepped out and dropped it, it is a nice deer but with a little ground shrink[8D]. So now all i have to do is beat my brother!!! i will be going out this weekend i will report back ASAP
Old 11-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck toadder, I'll be saddling up for the 11 hour drive home to Saskatoon on saturday morning. The plan is to have one day of scouting before hitting the bush on opening day of the canadian resident season (monday).

Quick Reply: Team 10

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.