Community

Team 7 checkin

Old 11-21-2006, 08:57 AM

Default RE: Team 7 checkin

we start on monday. and i have half the week off so there will be some deer down.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

You all have a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:34 PM

u too danscott. I missed a monster sunday morning. pissed me off. he was easily a wallhanger.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

well boys sorry i couldnt help ya guys. We had tons of deer sign the day before season and then Friday night the wolves moved in and started eating the deer away and pushed them off our property. I seen 1 deer in 7 days. So hopefully you guys are having better luck!
Old 11-26-2006, 08:28 PM

i think it might be time to start hunting some wolves if i was you..

well im leaving the house at 5am tomorrow, and will not be back till wednesday. wish me luck and all of you be safe.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

Our second gun season is this weekend. Hoping to score. Good luck to all.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck fellas and yes be safe.

My season has been a tale of off weather and off movements. Last week it was unsually warm at the start of the week but by the end of the week it was -30 unusually cold.As a result I am still holding on to my tag and with very little spare moments may be eating it this year. I did manage to fill a doe tag and my forest only tag last weekend but was hoping to put more on the board.

PS Last weeks forest buck (sausage quota filled).

Old 11-28-2006, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice buck Skeeter. As far was the wolves go for me i do want to shoot one, I actually had the safety off and took aim but then i figured if a DNR officer was standing there it's not worth losing oyur license over for 5 years. So i put the safety back on and just sat there and watched. Have any of you guys shot a Thompson Center Encore?? I'm going to buy one this Summer with a 7mm mag barrel on it. Good luck all
Old 11-28-2006, 06:54 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wisbowhunter209, that sucks about the wolves. Had a problem with themyears ago when due to a forest fires at the cabin, they are game takers no doubt about it.

I have shot a number of TC Encores, they are nice fitting rifles for me and shoot like you'd expect from a single action rifle-deadly. I use the 7mm rem mag chambering for antelope to moose and it works great. I personally wouldn't buy an encore for a biggame hunting CF though, but if you want a ML and CF barrel it maybe a good combo. If not I'd stick with a magazine type in the event you may need additional shots for future hunts and the price of the encore and additional barrels it is a premium for a single shot IMHO. It depends on your usage I suppose but for me having another in the pipe in the forest is nice insurance, even though it may never be called upon!

Nick, congrats on your buck and hunt. Oh and thank you for breaking our teams goose egg!!! Right now my mulie is the leader for my entry underthe multipler but still holding out hope that one more trip may yield better so won't enter it until our season ends on the 9th.

Quick Reply: Team 7 checkin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.