Community

Team 3 checkin

Old 11-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 3 checkin

Hey all, sorry Couger had tocheck infor me but I was informed by PM that I was an alternate for Team 8, so I checked in with them just before leaving town for a week, got back today to find another PM telling me of the mistake.
I don't have good news about my contributions to the team, my season is only 2 weeks long, its 1/2 over and I'm workingthis week. I'm going Caribou hunting in a week, maybe we could trick the judges into entering one of those?
Old 11-12-2006, 03:41 PM

got mine just gotta take the pics and the camera is NOT working ........ i gett it goin though

Old 11-12-2006, 06:51 PM

we having a team name?

i just put my buck in thre OFFICAL SCORE CARD thread
Old 11-12-2006, 08:08 PM

Notch another one for team 3!

Gotta share my story with you all so I hope I don't bore ya too much.

Opening day was nice and cold and we were hoping that the deer would start moving. 7:10 am I hear a shot and get a call from my dad that he downed an 8 point and there were 2 more buck headed my way. Caught a glimpse of one headed for me and started picking my shooting lanes. A great big 4 (body wise) walked 20 feet from me before I decided to miss him.

Anyhow I was a little ticked at myself for waiting too long on the 4 and was worried I might not get a chance at another buck. So Sat. evening my dad told me to sit in the stand he always gets his big bucks from. I sat there and watched turkey all evening without seeing a deer as he sat down near the stand I was in and bagged a doe and saw 2 more bucks.

So last chance for me was Sunday morning before we headed back to KC. Right at daylight I saw a doe jet by into some thickets to my left but I didn't feel comfortable shooting with so little daylight. Not even 5 minutes later a 4 point came in hot on her trail....kind of like a bloodhound. We grunted 4-5 times and he wouldn't even aknowledge we were there and his nose never left that does trail. It was getting alittle chilly out and needless to say I was getting worried that I would be left with unfilled tags again. Just then I had a doe come flying down the trail and I decided to take her. The old man grunted to get her to stop and I downed her with a neck shot. Not even 2 minutes after I shot her I saw this guy coming down the same trail. He stopped right at our scent stick about 40yds when we grunted and I dropped him there. He's the biggest one I've gotten so far and I'm sure glad I missed that 4pt on Saturday.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:32 PM

congrats were u hunting?

Old 11-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job on the bucks, I had to hold off of two bucks right at legal shooting hours on Saturday because I couldn't tell if they had brow tines or not[:@]. Dang point restrictions. Any body got any team name ideas?
Old 11-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to come in here and bear bad news. I'm done this season with no points to bring to the table or the freezer. Sounds like some of you all are having a stellar year . Congrats to you . Keepem comming we need more points and pictures.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys I just got back from a hunt in South Dakota. I got this buck below, Score 115 3/8, taken on 11-15-06. Since the rules say we can eneter either our 1st or 2nd Buck I am not entering it on the score page yet because I have our Pennsylvania season coming up the week after Thanksgiving. Hopefully I can improve on the score.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:42 PM

nice buck whitetail

maybe you can raise the bar even more in penn. !!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

well my season's over and I didn't have much luck at all. Anybody still got a season left?

Quick Reply: Team 3 checkin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.