Team 2 checkin

Old 11-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 2 checkin

congrats guys who cares how big the trophy is ass long as its a trophy to you. lets the soem storys on the deer that were shot
Old 11-25-2006, 06:39 AM

hi folks season starts up mon. i have the hole week off so hoppfullyi can make some noise,mybe get some points on the board, hows everyones season going,i got a permit for a special hunt for thurs -fri they have some big deer in this area it hasnt been open for hunting in2 years, they do it on a rotating basisso mybe that can pan out we have 5 of us hunting together,you can take as many does as you want ,there use to be 50-60deer per sq.mile but after the years its down to mybe 10deer per sq mile but there are nice bucks taking out of all the areas still to this day
Old 11-26-2006, 09:17 PM

Well i just got back from 2nd weekend here in Wi...

My bro shot Himself a great little 8 pt. I had a chance at him but it was not a clean shot. He stood right behind a pine tree and all i could see were antlers...He turn a bit and only showed his hind end to me, so i figured i would let him go...and i knew that with the direction he was headed he would turn right up to my Bros stand....sure did and 2 shots later a perfect double lung the buck fell...

My buck came after i got to the woods 45 min early only to find another hunter in my spot. So i moved and the kid there shot a nice 8 pt about 10 min after open. Anyways i moved down across the crick and just sat overlookin the creek. Had 2 does come in and i could have taken them, but i already had my doe tag filled and even though i had more... i wanted a buck. About and hour later a buck came limpin in and i though about shootin, but there was a hunter close behind and i waved and the buck, smaller than mine, ran back towards the guy and he finished him off. After talkin for a while i sat down to eat some breakfest and now on the oppsite side of the creek i had a great view of a nice funnel created by the creek. Well not 20 min later my buck came crusin through and took a shot, missed, shot again missed, shot a third and hit him in the gut....Knocked him down. These shots were all at a trot and about 100yards. I have practiced this at the gun club on the running deer target so i was pretty confident....but the woods is always another story. So i give it about 20 min and walk over there. Set my rifle dwon and my pack and decided to walk up to him from behind. I got three steps and steped on a brach which craked and the buck jumped up like no other!!!! Quick drew my new 44 and dropped him where he was ..... Scary how quick it all happened!

Old 11-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

pines i hate to post in another teams thread but do you have pictures? it sounds like a good story
Old 11-27-2006, 08:29 AM

Thought I would check-in. Not much deer activity to speak of. Hopefully this weekend will improve.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:10 PM

Here is my buck...

Old 11-27-2006, 12:11 PM

My twin Bros buck

Old 11-27-2006, 12:13 PM

And just a cool pic i took of him dragin it out....I helped when i put the camera away!!!!

Old 11-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ohh nvm ive already seen that buck, did you ever see the buck you shot in bow season again?

Old 11-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Did you get that buck with the revolver or the rifle ?

Congratulations

Quick Reply: Team 2 checkin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.