Community

Team 1 checkin

Old 11-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 1 checkin

Ill be heading out to deer camp tommorrow evening, season starts wednesday here.SoIll have the first 5 days to try and put a buck on the ground, the sign looks good lots off rubs and scrapes, i cant wait to get out there. Good luck to the rest of the team!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I screwd up bad Sunday morning. I had a buddy hunting with me and we saw a nice buck bedded down. We watched it through the spotting scope for about 10 minutes an decided to sneak on him. We got to within 150 yards of him, and I pulled my 7mag up an was using the barb wire fence for a rest, clicked my safety off and then...........I decided it wasn't "big" enough and let my buddy take him. I had a serious field judging error.......The deer turned out to be BIG, not sure what he grossed for sure, but its close to the 160" mark.....Will post up pics later this evening, and call him to see if he scored it yet.

Here is the first buck shot off my land this year by a buddy.

The deer I screwd up on [:@]

2005 Picture ofthe big deer.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey team, well my gun season is over here, the last day of blackpowder was sunday. It was a pretty good season for me, i didnt see any mature bucks and passed on serval smaller ones. My trigger finger was getting pretty itchy and with about 15 minutes of shooting light left on sundayi had a nice little fork horn come into the apple orchard i was watching. i watched him for about 10 minutes and decided to take him. he was out about 60 yards and i squeezed one off and dropped him right there. im pretty happy with him, andyou cant be real picky up in these neck of the woods. now its time to take the bow out and look for a bigger buck or a nice fat doe. good luck to the rest of the team still hunting yet.

he scored 58 4/8

Old 12-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

I got one second morning of out IL gun season, I forgot to post it in here, its been awhile since I killed it ... lol its a 140" 10 got a doe opening morning, and him the next morning ... good time!

Old 12-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deerslayer- That is a great buck. I took the liberty of fixing your link. It didn't work on my computer anyway.

I still have till Jan 1st to kill a buck with my muzzleloader, and I saw a 150" 5x5 last nite. So there is hope. Our drought this year really affected our deer herd. Only a few good bucks were running around this year. I passed on a few I probably should have shot with rifle.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Typical Buck

thanks for correcting my post rammer, I was in a hurry ... [&:]
Old 12-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey folks I just got a nice 9 pointer I haven't even checked him it yet I will posst info latter I got to go buy a camera and see if I can score him. We might even win this thing if this keeps up.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

good deal man, we arent doing to shabby!
Old 12-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to try to post a photo I'm not really sure how to do it but I got to take more as I forgot to have my gun in the phots with me

Old 12-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go mike, thats an awsome buck, the palmation on him is amazing. looks like he could have some moose in him. he should score pretty good too, congrats mike!!

Quick Reply: Team 1 checkin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.