Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 41-Official Team "Tall Tines" Thread >

41-Official Team "Tall Tines" Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

41-Official Team "Tall Tines" Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 41-Official Team "Tall Tines" Thread

Rambo91, the contest deadline is Feb. 15th.

How is everyone's season going?

It is gun season here in Kentucky until the 20th in my zone. I have been takingboth my gun and my bow to the stand with me, hoping for ashot with my bow. I got a real nice pic of a 10pt buck on myscouting camera, taken on Friday. It is thenicest buck I have a picture of so far, hopeful hewill come by during the daylight hours.

Hiawatha, have you got those pictures ofyour buck back yet?
Old 11-19-2006, 05:05 PM

here he is guys thanxs for being paitent.

Old 11-19-2006, 06:59 PM

Nice Buck!

Old 11-20-2006, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

HEY, HEY, HEY we are on the board. Awesome buck Hiawatha. Finally I think the rut is getting going here in western Iowa. Yesterday morning I saw 21 deer from the stand. 16 does and five bucks. 2 shooters and one was a really good one but the shooters were either with company or were heading to the corn field to look for love. I did have three basket racks walk directly under me but I am waiting for something bigger for now. All in all it was a wonderful morning. I have three days off this week and am going to be out there trying hard to get one down for Team TALL TINES. Good luck everyone.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:58 AM

Way to go Hiawatha, like that forked G2. Hey Bob, can I come down and thin out them does?
Old 11-21-2006, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yer more than welcome Zoom. I am thinking I may have to put up another stand a little closer to the travel route though. Will try it again wednesday a.m. and see what happens then.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:47 AM

Thanxs guys, the mass really made that deer score well, suprisingly he is pretty small at the bases but his h2 and 3 is up in the 4-5 inch range and of course that split g2 helps the gross score. I seem to be seeing alot of the split g2 over the past few years. Last year both bucks i took had split g2 one was a 5 point with both 2's splitting makin him a 6er and another big 4 point with a splitter making him a 5x4. must be somethin in the water. lol[8D]
Old 11-21-2006, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice buckHia - Hey, how have those elk been treatin' ya? Didn't your buck from last year have both forked G-2's on both sides? Must be something in the genetics, eh?

You do know that most people hunt their entire lives to see a deer like that, and You - youdog, you go out and get one every year. LOL Congrats man. Nice SK buck.

By the way, you're right - those H2 and 3 mass measurements on that guy are exceptional.

edit: Sorry, I missed your last post - didn't mean to be Pete & Repete.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:20 PM

Yes quick my buck last year was a main 5 point with 2 split g'2 but the splits went back on that deer unlike the forward split on this bucks right side. The buck last year had close to 12 inches of bone kickin back making a 150 deer make 160 was a nice addition. I passed on one around the same size as this with the rifle and he came around everyday to tease me but i always lettem walk. Should be up in the 160's next year and fit for the bow if i can findem in august. And then there is the pig, but i am not sure if i can match wits with him by next year lol. He is one smart sob, need to do alot of homework, maybe get shed to fly up and scoutem out for me lol. only thing with that is the mangey coyote would prolly sneak back and huntem while i was at school
Old 11-22-2006, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Hey fellas....

I wasn't able to bring one down with a bow this year...not for lack of trying though...

Here is my buck I shot yesterday...
http://forums.menoutdoors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1484

Quick Reply: 41-Official Team "Tall Tines" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.