Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 38 Team "Broadhead Brothers" Offical Thread. >

38 Team "Broadhead Brothers" Offical Thread.

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

38 Team "Broadhead Brothers" Offical Thread.

Old 09-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 38 Team "Broadhead Brothers" Offical Thread.

I can see the woods where I hunt from my house. The past four days I have been seeing a group of deerpopping out of the woods to feed in the horse pastures. It seems the fall patterns have begun. This section of woods is a great doe staging area - good to see things getting back to "normal". One week till the opener here in Michigan. Can't wait. I'm going out of my mind.

Let me do a little bragging.... My son has been shootinghis "real" bow for a couple months now. We don't shoot often, but I'm confident he'll be ready. This will be my 26th season, so I've shot a few arrows in my time and can shoota decent group. Last night my son gave me a run for the money hittinggroups of 3". I'm confident that if I can get him over a deer, he'll be able to score. Should be a very enjoyable season.

How about the rest of the team? You all ready? Stands in place? Practice up to par? Getting the "itch"?
Old 09-25-2006, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

I was out on Sunday moring and evening. Didn't see a deer in the morning, but last night I had a doe with in 15 yds. My stand was on a ridge line and she came up the ridge. The wind died and I must have been caught by a thermal. She was cautious but not spooked. She calmed down and then walked down the ridgeline away from my stand. I never had a chance, but will now trim some branches to get a shot at deer coming this direction. I heard a soft grunt behind this doe but never saw another deer. So no bucks yet. Monday after work I'm hunting then it will be a week until I get out again. Good luck to your son Badshot - mine will have the chance to hunt next year. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:50 PM
Fork Horn

i only made it out on sat morning for a short time. saw one deer, educated guess was a buck but it was to dark to tell for sure. the reason i guess it was a buck was because i first noticed a small tree, maybe an inch in diameter, swinging back and forth. after staring long enough i managed to pick out a silhouette of an animal up against the tree. other than that, itwas a pretty rainy weekend. my next chance won't be until next weekend.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:27 PM

hey guys sorry i haven't been able to post on here alot. I have been really busy lately. Bow season in Tennessee opened up last saturday. I saw alot of deer but none came into range. I also saw that nice 8 point ive been trying to get for awhile. Hopefully he will step in one of my shooting lanes this week sometime or this weekend and i'll get a shot.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys my season is about to start. I head off to PA tommorow. The season opens on saturday so wish me luck! I'll report back on thursday...hopefully with good news
Old 09-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck APA. We'll be eager to get a report on Thursday.

I'm planning on going out Saturday morning and hopefully will have my wife bring one or both of my boys out to hunt in the afternoon with me. I recently got a portable ground blind and I'm eager to get them out there. I bought it just for them (wink, wink).It will be their first time out. As long as I have plenty of snacks and fresh batteries in their Gameboys it should all go okay - oh, and flashlights for their walk back to the car. I'll be happy if they even get a chance to see a deer from the blind.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Okay APA, spill your guts. How didthe huntgo? Are you still trying to back up from that buck far enough with your cameraso the rack will fit in the picture??
Old 10-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Well I have to say I had a great time down in PA. I saw a ton of deer and even managed to screw up a shot on a doe....darn unseen tree branches[:@]. I almost had a shot at a nice 110in 7 ptr but he just wouldnt come into my shooting lane. Oh well there is plenty of time left in the season. Well next week is an off week for me. I'll be hanging out ona beach down in FloridaBut after that the season will be open here in NY and the fun will commence!!! Good luck to all this upcoming week and I'll get back to ya on monday the 16th. With sun tan lotion in hand I say farewell till then!
Old 10-11-2006, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

just curious how everyone is doing. i haven't been out much at all yet but that will change soon. i leave friday for 8 days hunting nw south dakota, then work a week then i have two weeks off for nothing but hunting.so if i dont come up with something after that, then i will have to get serious.

good luck to all
Old 10-13-2006, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys. Anyone going out this weekend? I was planning on a Saturday outing but I managaged to sell my boat and need to meet the buyer 240 miles to the west of KC. It's suppose to rain Sunday, but I'll go out in the morning if it can hold off until later in the day.
The weekend of the 21st I'll be going to a buddies place for hunting and fishing. That should be a great weekend.

Quick Reply: 38 Team "Broadhead Brothers" Offical Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.