HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2006 Deer Hunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2006-deer-hunting-contest-79/)
-   -   37 -Team "Reapers of the Harvest" Official Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2006-deer-hunting-contest/153166-37-team-reapers-harvest-official-thread.html)

rookiebowhuntr_PA 08-24-2006 02:59 PM

RE: 37 - Team Official Thread

hey all,
Just checking in. Looks like we have a great team here. As for captain that is for sure not me.

So what is the team name going to be?
TEAM REALLY BIG DEER DOWN : )

Season opener is Sept 30th how about the rest of you guys?

Hunter06FlKy 08-24-2006 07:00 PM

sorry it took so long for me to check in. i haven't been on my computer very much. so ahhhh.... anyone have any ideas for a name.

cameronmclain 08-24-2006 07:08 PM

Hey Guys-

Checking in. Like a moron I started another thread about Team 37, so ignore it!

My season opens Sept. 30. I've seen some decent sized whitetail (120-140) in the area, but the landowner says he saw a MONSTER!!!! Of course, he told me this last year too and I never saw him, but for the well-being of our team, I hope he's out there.

I also have added a Muley hunting place that has good sized bucks on it. I know nothing about hunting Muleys, but I'm going to try!!!

Glad to be a part of the Team, I'll try to think of a name also.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-24-2006 07:16 PM

Okay Cameron found his thread..[8D] and rookiebowhuntr check in here and was signed in at number 52 on team 16...LOL, that was taken care of, since he signed in here...I replaced him on 16...everything is going smoothly with some hitches...but it's working out...contact the rest of your team...good luck guys.

hillbillyhunter1 08-25-2006 11:39 AM

I pm'd Jelen, Jag-mag, and wax clax about joining their newly formed team. Hope I did not miss anybody.

mblb679 08-26-2006 07:28 AM

So how about that nickname for the team I like Team Really Big Deer Down! Has anyone heard from the other team members that have not checked in on the page yet.

I saw a few decent deer this am when I took a short ride. Gotta work tonight but gonna shoot tomorow after church. Got the new bow tune right in tight and very very good. Lets get our posts going here. I wanna here from everyone.

Mark

Double Creek 08-26-2006 10:19 AM

For those that don't know, Jelen killed a 200 class buck last year! I'd be happy with just 75% of that this year!

Hunter06FlKy 08-27-2006 03:12 PM

my season in florida opens sept 23 and on sept 2 in ky but i won't be able to hunt in ky until probably thanksgiving. i will be hunting with my neighbor on his 10,000 acre lease every chance i get. one of his buddies saw a group of 8's and at least one 10. i'm definately looking forward to it. do we get bonus points for does???

Davoh 08-28-2006 08:13 AM

Hey guys... sorry I haven't been around. I don't have net access at home so weekends I'm typically not on...

I hunt a family spread in the Texas Hill country. I'm only going to get 1 week out there this year, but my cousins have said they're seeing a ton of deer, and alot of real nice shooter bucks.

I'm going to say this for myself, but if a 100-110 incher walks by during my sad few days in the woods, that'll be the one I take. You guys know your hunting grounds and know what kind of deer you can expect to take. Your trophy is up to you, but remember that if most of us kill a 100-130" buck, we'll have a great chance at winning the competition.

As far as a name... I still like the spiffy diffy doo's.....

mblb679 08-28-2006 08:44 PM

So have we heard from the other members of our team yet? What about out nickname? Come on guys lets get some participation. Lets here about your deer you are seeing and your sets.

Mark