Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

Team Captains and the rules.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Team Captains and the rules.

Hey all, it looks like the contest is shaping up nicely and the teams are starting to check in. The alternate list is growing nicely and we'll probably need all of them if not more if this is anything like last year. If not, those we can't place, we will make a new team 37....like last year...

That being said, I'd hate to harp on the rules but I'm going to. Not to be a hard ass but....rules will be enforced this year. As much as I'm a softy the last 2 years, the rule with the bow, animal and hunter will be firm....I'd hate to see anyone's animal not get counted because one of the 3 is missing from the picture....

.RULE NUMBER 7 STATES>>>>

7. You must have a pictured posted on the contest page within the Official Score Card thread to enter a deer. The bow must be in the picture and the entire deer must be in the picture, no skull pictures, no rack pictures...the buck, the bow, and yourself must be in the picture.....call me skeptical. This rule will be enforced this year, no exceptions with no apologies.

As the teams pick a captain, please reinforce/remind the rule as much as possible....thanks so much and eveyone, have fun and have a great season.

Old 08-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Team Captains and the rules.

Okay, I'll bump it for another pass.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob is there anyway you could put a link in here to the Contest results/pictures from last years' contest. I had it and lost it and have been having trouble finding it, that also sounds like me describing my mind!! Any help with the thread would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here's the link from last years results including pictures if they still shows. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1170434
Old 08-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Okay, one more pass because I'd hate to see someone disqualified....I'm relying on each of you to let your teammates know...thanks so much.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, do we have to have the deer tagged, I know we did last year, but some states done require tags. Just curious if the deer needs to be tagged in the photo.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I eliminated the tag thing, like you said, not all states have tags and I like getting my pictures prior to that darn tag hanging off and trying to hide for a quality picture.....but I want to reinforce the bow, hunter and deer!

Everyone, Take the time to take a quality picture, it's worth having. Come season, Matt/PA will have his quality picture thread up in the bowhunting forum. If you need pointers, take the time to read it.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:36 PM

How do we score the deer? Will I have to take the deer to someone or is their a way I can do it myself?
Old 08-26-2006, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand it's on the honor system.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

I understand it's on the honor system.
Well I would be honored to do it if someone has some instructions on how to. I have some nice eight pointers on the wall but never had anything where it was big enough to want to get it scored, so I have never seen it done. Compared to last years entry pics maybe my best is 100 to 120 class range. Maybe someone knows of a download from the net that shows it?

Quick Reply: Team Captains and the rules.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.