Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 1-Team "Rack Rangers" Official Thread >

1-Team "Rack Rangers" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

1-Team "Rack Rangers" Official Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 1-Team "Rack Rangers" Official Thread

Illinois Buck Hunter

I P.M. Holliday Slim about your team logo but I haven't heard from him yet , I'm sure he'll come up with something for ya.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

For you IL guys just wondering if they started cutting the corn up there yet.
Some of the corn is coming out. They haven't got a good start on it around her because it won't stop raining for nothing. They are trying to get out there, but it is hit and miss right now.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats how it is down my way too. They just started to get into the fields this last week and now the rain has pushed them out.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

If you IL guys just had a week to hunt.What week would you pick?The reason im asking is im going a week later than i usually go.Just would like 2 c what week you guys think's the best.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I could only hunt ONE week I would probably pick November 3rd-10th. This is the time period in which I personally have seen the most rutting activity. But from the end of October until right up around Thanksgiving things are still pretty active around my part.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Thats when we usually go around the 3rd-10th but now where going the week befour the shot gun hunt.Last year we were leaving on the 9th and the bucks were going crazy!We would allways c bucks chasing but its like every time when we were leaving they were chasing every were you looked.Thats why we are going a week later.I just hope we are not going to wish we would have keep it the same.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

One week until season and all the bucks have gone underground already. I have not seen a decent buck in about a week now. Alot of does however, so I will probably try toget some fresh tenderloins.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Two weeks to go here. I hung four stands this weekend and saw lots of good sign and plenty of large acorns. My chestnuts are starting to drop in my yard.

The deer come from miles to get them. I pick up as many as I can get and store them until hunting season and then put them back out in my yard at a controlled rate. I can keep them coming down the mountain for two weeks like that. I don't hunt over the pile. About 900 yards away up in the woods, but they still come down towards the yard and eat acorns waiting for dark. I also transplanted a couple of volunteer chestnut saplings onto the hillside. Trying to create a small orchard of these and apples. In a few years I should have every deer in the county heading for my house during bow season.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

I got my elk and a great season continues... too bad i cant enter this for the contest... Anyway i got out to coloradothursday afternoon and shot my bow. Friday morning i woke up to a snowy blizzard,i went with the guide that i have hunted with for the past four years... we have killed a bull every year and the hunt started with a bang. less than 100 yards from the truck over one ridge we heard a bugle right on top of us. we set up and called him in. I passed on the first bull even though he wasa 6x6 because it was simply too early to end my most fun hunt of the year. We hiked another mile or two with a few bugles a long ways away until we reached a meadow about an hour and half after daylight. called in a small 5x5 and passed on him... he was young and curious and followed us for about 50 yards. we heard steps and figured it was him, however it was a 6x6 and he was comin... i drew back and waited for the brush to clear at 26 yards i stopped him with a mew and smoked him both lungs and we had our 5th bull in 5 years.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

Man Nice ELK!!! Were in CO. do you hunt?I'm thinking about going next year with some friends they hunt about 40 miles from Durango.But they don't have a very good success rate.So i might need the name of your guide if i plan on haveing a chance at 1.If you shoot deer like you shoot elk and rams i need a hunting lesson from you.

Quick Reply: 1-Team "Rack Rangers" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.