Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread >

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

I've been hunting with the rifle the last couple of weeks. I didn't kill one, but passed up on several smaller bucks. I had one opportunity at a nice shooter on last Tuesday morning but he stayed in some thick brush and I just didn't feel comfortable with the shot. He never came out of the thick stuff and ended up moving out of site. I got a pic of a nice buck a couple of days later on my cuddeback, so I know he made it through rifle season. Hopefully I'll get another oppurtunity with my bow before season ends on December 31st. I'll be hunting the rest of the month so good luck to the rest of you guys.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:42 PM

guys i know its late season but keep your head up theres still some hunting to be done, i gained yet another spot, and the ranch foreman and landowner have been seeing a huge 14 point come bywhere i have a stand placed..... but only time will tell
Old 12-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been able to get out there for the last couple of weeks, but I did go check my trail cam and got several pics of a nice 8 point that is frequenting one of my stand locations during daylight hours. I'll be trying to connect on him this weekend. Good luck to the rest of you guys.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody on the team still out there???? I've got one more weekend to try to make something happen. If I do great, if I don't that's ok too. Overall, it's been tough season for me. I broke in my Diamond Justice on a doe early this season, but since then I've gotten shut out. I didn't even kill a buck with my rifle or muzzleloader. It's the first time that has happened in several years. I did however havea ton of great experiences while sitting in my stand. I saw and passed on over 20 bucks this season. Many of which were within 20 yards of me. I got to watch sparring, chasing, witness grunting, snort wheeze, and much other deer activity that makes the season all worth while. I saw several bobcat, coyote, and fox while I was out as well as many other types of wildlife. You know, it's always a good season regardless of how many deer you take home with you.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Hey John Deer, I'm still out here. I've got one more weekend to fill a doe tag. Our season ends next Wednesday. Sounds like you had an interesting season, and thats what I like about hunting, you don't have to kill the biggest deer in the woods to consider the season a success.

Its been great having everyone on team 13 as teammates and I wish you all the best of luck next season. I'll keep an eye out for all of you on the scoreboard next year and hope to see a picture of a monster after your post, even if you're not on my team.

Thanks to Ite 622 for being our captain, you did a great job.
I'll see you guys on the forums.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:40 PM

Sorry for not being on the forum much. I have been in the woods as they say. I have had great success this year but with the guns. I have taken an 8 point and a 9 point so far this year. And I still have some time left with the bow. If no one objects I will try to post the pic's . Again I did not take them with a bow, sorry. One was taken with a 20 guage slug gun, and the other with a muzzle loader. If you are still hunting like me good luck and if you are through for the year, I hope you had a great time in the woods.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:32 PM

go ahead and post the pics lucky, at least you saw bucks,I didnt see a single one this season and it ended today
Old 01-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, Luckybuck, post those pics. We don't care what you killed 'em with. We just like seeing the pics.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Our season ended on Jan. 1st and I was unable to fill a doe tag in the late season like I like to do. I seen alot of does, but they were pretty small and nothing I wanted to shoot.

It was good getting to meet everyone and thanks to lte 622 for taking the captain responsibilities.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:00 PM

I am going to try to post the pics of the two bucks, sorry it was with a shotgun and muzzleloader though.

Quick Reply: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.