Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread >

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 10:33 AM

Default RE: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

i havent got to hunt in a few weeks because i lost my prime hunting place but i will be in the woods sometime soon i can assure yall that
Old 11-05-2006, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Went out both mornings and evenings this weekend. Saw some does and small bucks. Haven't seen any big boys chasing does yet which is unusual for where I hunt at this time of year. I'll work this week and be off the next. I know they'll be rutting by then.

Old 11-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks to SW Iowa Hunter for both helping me drag my buck out, and for helping me get him posted in the official score thread. I appreciate all of his help. I will now try to get his hunt on camera. With a little luck, we will have some video next weekend to show off. Good luck everyone, and good shooting.
Old 11-06-2006, 03:07 PM

Rattled in 3 different basket racks this weekend. Saw a 115 class 8 point but he was alittle too small for this early yet. The small bucks are starting to chase at least so the action should pick up soon.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this morning before work and had a spike chase a doe around my stand for several minutes. After they moved off I spotted a nice 8 point but he never came within range. I'm gonna be in my stand in the morning, it's going to happen soon, I can feel it.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

Hope your right JD. I'd say someone on this team is due to put us on the board. I'll be out every chance I get from tomorrow morning through Thursday evening. Its prime time hear in Illinois. Good luck to everyone on the team.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Well were on the board boys! He isn't the biggest, but I am still happy. I shot a 5pt that will roughly score about 50 or so. I had a pretty good week off for vacation, I seen 9 different bucks. I shot the 5 pt Friday morning, the biggest buck I seen was about a 14inch 8pt. I just didn't see anything big, but did hear some cool stuff I'll put in the full story and pics. The story is quite amusing from shot to recovery. Short version-- hit a twig (didn't see), still hit deer just way far back in guts, wait 7.5 hrs, good blood trail for a stomach shot, deer doubles back and confuses us for a bit, walk up to 6yds of the buck (thick, can't see him) and he is looking right at me, I back out and leave my buddy with a visual, about an hour later come back with bow, watch and creep in closer to try for a shot, finally at 4yds I can shoot through some fine twigs and put a heart shot on him.

Good luck to everyone, I still have my restricted tag (4pts or better on one side or a doe) that I am hoping to fill when I go to the U.P.

I will get my buck entered on Monday or so with pics and a full story.

Chris
Old 11-12-2006, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

C-WOODS, Congratulations on a great buck. It was just you and I scoring on our team last year, I figured you'd put one on the board soon enough.
Old 11-12-2006, 02:57 PM

well guys hopeful wil get to do some hunting over thanksgiving break
Old 11-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hungar, congrats on your buck! Can't wait to see the pics and hear the full story.

Quick Reply: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.