Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread >

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 07:52 PM

Default RE: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Guys I have been looking around and modified this for an avatar if you like . Feel free to like or dislike or even modify.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:18 PM

not trying to reject you but ryanaller is making us one and should be ready before too awfull long
Old 09-12-2006, 01:18 PM

Moving us back to the front page where we belong. Got a couple of nice bucks spotted and can't wait for season to start. Going to switch the 3-D sight off and get the hunting set up fine tuned. Got just 3 more tournaments before deer season opens.

Been doing alot of scouting on the 4 wheeler lately and the combines are going to start to roll within the week out here.

Good Luck!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 03:18 PM

yeah ive only got one left and its this weekend
Old 09-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

The high today here in Illinois was only mid 60's. Hope this doesn't mean its going to be in the 90's come October. You never know what to expect for temp on opening day in this state. I can remember a few years ago when it was 90 degrees on opening day. Last year I'm thinking it was in the 70's, any warmer than that and I'll be staying home.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

I know what you mean, the last few days here in MI were in the mid 60's and overcast. I keep going outside and thinking this would be a nice day to be hunting, but it is suppossed to get in the 80's this weekend.

I have one stand to move, it is the buddy stand that I hunt out of with my boys in the early season before the action picks up. I shot one with my oldest son Hunter who was 5 at the time, what a cool feeling he was pumped. He actually seen it before me it came from behind a tree and I couldn't see him, but he could and he whispers "dad, here comes one". I peak around and see him and think "that's my boy". I will always remember this hunt
Old 09-14-2006, 12:47 PM

Hey guys, I have a question for you. Opening day is this Sat. and it is supposed to be in the mid 70s do you have any suggestions for warm weather hunting? As far as when they will be moving as they very well may because of the warmth but just thought I would ask. Thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Spike

ok
Old 09-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Spike

yes i know it is going to be warm out this year on opening day for us to

Old 09-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I went out yesterday evening to an overlook on our propertyto see if any shooters were moving. It's a perfect vantage point that I use regularly when I'm scouting preseason and even during season to set up spot and stock with my rifle or Muzzleloader. Well, it was about an hour till dark and I hadn't seen anything yet and I was getting a little discouraged when I spotted a deer across the field. He came out approx 700-800 yards on the other end of this field. At that distance I couldn't tell how good he was but I could tell he had a rack. He walked up the Eastern most fenceline to a percimon tree. As I watched he kept raising up on his hind legs and I guess he was eating percimons that were on the tree. After several minutes of feeding on the tree he proceded up the fenceline and rubbed a small tree. Then he slowly crossed the field and made another rub. By this time he was still about 4-500 yards out and I could tell he was a pretty nice buck. After making that second rub he did something strange. The field has recently been cut for hay. There was a small clump of grass and he walked over to it and started raking his antlers violently in the grass. Over the next 15 minutes as I watched him, he would walk off from this clump of grass but then he would go back to it and start raking his antlers violently in the grass again. It was getting close to dark now, and the buck finally started moving toward me. The closest he got was about 150 yards below me before he disapeared into the trees below me. I got a pretty good look in the deminishing light with my Bushnell 10x50's and he looked really good. I couldn't tell how many points he had as there wasn't enough light but I could tell he had good mass and was very tall. His width was at least as wide as his ears. As he entered the treeline below me, he walked within 30 yards of my stand hanging on the edge of the field. I've never seen this kind of behavior before, unless I was watching a buck make a scrape. This buck never pawed the ground, he just used his antlers and he never urinated that I could tell. Nevertheless, there's a good shooter hanging out right near my stand and I'm hoping he'll give me an oppurtunity on opening day. I marked the clump of grass and am going to go take a closer look at it tommorow evening. Anybody else got any Idea's on what he was doing? One other thing I'll mention, I have been seeing small bachelor groups of bucks in groups of two's and three's. This is the first buck I've seen by himself.

Quick Reply: 13-Team "Lung Busters" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.