Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread >

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5- Team Official Thread

Welcome back from the trip, I'm going to go over and read your post. We picked a name while you as gone, and everyone checked in. We are ready for the season.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see that you had a safe trip BG. The weather hasn't been the best for elk hunting, except for the opening weekend! Looks like a cool/cold snap coming in this weekend, with snow levels dropping down to the 8500' level, so maybe they'll get cranked up better. I hope, as I'm headed back up Thursday eve. to try again. Your one story about being without your bow strikes a funny cord with me. Two weekends ago, two of my friends and I set up along the edge of a large meadow at the crack of dawn. We did some on and off calling for over an hour, waiting/hoping to hear/see something. We'll around 7:15, my buddy whispers for me to move over to his location, to plot our next move, so I did, leavning my pack and bow sit. Well, sure enough, I get over to him and were whispering as to where to go next and I look up to see a small 5x5 standing straight across from us, about 350 yards away. SO I whisper that I see an elk. He whispers, "yeah right"!! I tell him again, "there's an elk standing straight across from us". "Yeah Riiiighttt". "No, really, I'm not kidding". Then I slowly raise my bi-nocs and declare, "It's a small bull." "Yeah, RRriiighttt". Finally, my buddy looks and sees it also. He immidiatly cow calls to it, and sure enough, it starts comin. Well, before I can type all of this, the bull is within 100 yards of us, and my bow is still sitting 40 yards away. Our other friend was ready, BUT the bull caught out scent and spun at about 80 yards.
So, goes to show, keep that bow near at all times

Hey TeeJay, good luck this weekend. Start the team off right, with a BIG one!!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Curious, do any of you guys like to call coyotes?
Old 09-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Howler

Curious, do any of you guys like to call coyotes?
Yep, but not as much as I enjoy shooting `em!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

I've done it a few times with little success. Seems like I'm always deer hunting and never have the time for coyotes when their pelts are prime.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Used to, now all I do is Bowhunt and pheasent hunt.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out calling with a buddy in the Spring with little results. Mostly just owls answered the calls...but there are more and more coyotes being killed and spotted around here. So I'm sure that hunting them is going to become a big thing around here shortly. Maybe something that has to be done for the turkey's and deer.

Been doing a lot more shooting lately, and scouting. I need to get all new batteries and get the trail cam out this weekend....so I may get some pic's in the next week or two.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

1 day and a wake up!
Old 09-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Hi Huggers

Can someone from your team please reply to the ( Who's your team captian ) thread in this forum and let me know who he is.

Thank you
Old 09-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Well, anybody getting ready? Or for some of you lucky guys.....doing any more hunting?

I will be checking trail cams in the morning here in PA, then hanging a double stand set.

Leaving for a Wisconsin hunt on tuesday night. It will be my first time hunting in Wisconsin and I am ready to go.

Quick Reply: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.