Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread >

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5- Team Official Thread

Way to break the ice howler. Now time to get ya some bone!
Old 09-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out Dove hunting tonight, saw 4 beautifull bucks 400 yds out. Hopefully they stick around for a week. Found 2 scrapes the other day by one of the ol' lady's stands. WooHoo!
Old 09-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out and took down two stands today. Land owner leased the land without informing me about it. So I just said thanks for letting me know and took the stands down. Took out two really got spots to hunt for this season, but I haven't given up as I have plenty of other options. I guess I just got two more stands to set up in new places.

[>:]
Old 09-10-2006, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

That blows High country.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I agree, this time of the year is not a good time to be finding out that "your" spot is no longer "yours", NOT that anytime time is a good time to get such news[:@]!! Glad I don't have to worry about that. Instead, I have to worry about trespassers, or someone finding and stealing my trail cam, that hopefully my buddy got put up for me this weekend. My best freind, that lives back there, has land two miles from mine and is going to put up my trail cam and check it periodically for me, so hopefully I'll get some pics. in the near future!
Old 09-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's not the end of the world. I have a lot of area to hunt, but this was one of my favorites. It was neighboring property to a buddies land and we hunted the neighbor's land and the buddies property without concern of having anything stolen or bothered. When my buddy went up to check everything this month he found fresh posted signs and contacted the neighbor. He said he had leased the land and didn't know if the new guys wanted any hunting or not. So rather then bother with it, he simply told him we would pull out or stuff.

But I'm checking the stands I took down and I'm going to wirebrush the climbing sticks and re-paint them today and then maybe get them set out Friday or Saturday.

I'm also going to contect Rob about changing our title to 5 - Team Tree Huggers so our name will be on the main page.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:14 PM

Congratulations Howler on the fine doe!!! Hunting opens up September 16th here in Wisconsin and I can't wait.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are down to the final countdown before opening day. Goodluck, and make sure you double check everything the night before to make sure you have everything for opening morning.

I got our team name up and everything so we are ready to start scoring.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well got all the stands set. Everything is limbed. Bow is tuned and dialed in. Now its entirely up to me. 5 days and counting.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

I'm back from my Co elk hunt with nothing to show. I do have some funny stories I posted in the big game section if you want to read it "MY NEMESIS". We had a great time, but man was it hot, rainy, and a full moon was out most of the week. This was my first archery hunt for elk and I really felt like I had no idea what I should be doing. I hiked all day 5-10 miles, up and out of camp before light and not home until dark. I don't personally know anyone who has ever killed an elk with a bow so I guess I'm trying to teach myself through trial and error. Ihave a feelingthis is going to be a very costly learning experience, but fun.

Quick Reply: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.