Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread >

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Good luck Pops! I wonder where War Eagle, runninback44, and WOnder Boy are. Haven't heard a lick out of 'em for weeks now!
How about you Tee Jay, any more close calls! Any action?
I leave this Wednesday after work for 10 days. I'm anxious to say the least! Looks like a cool front coming in by the weekend!
Some good bucks taken from the other teams. One of us needs to score good soon, to get us back in the runnin'
Old 11-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck in KS Howler. The bucks are really moving here in IN. I went out to trim a couple limbs from a stand my brother will be hunting on opening day of our firearms season and seen a buck chasing two does through the corn field and then as I was driving back to the house on the Foreman I looked into the woods and saw a nice buck (120")standing about 30 yards away. This was at 11:00 am. The best time of the year is upon us, good luck guys.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got a late start Saturday morning and saw a 6 pt, a small 7 chasing a doe and 2 other doe. That buck chased her in circles all morning long.

Today, I barely got into the stand up the trail comes a doe, followed by a big deer. It was till too dark to see, all I had was some fading moon light. Turned out to be a big fat 5 point. He 'posed' quartering away at 17 yards for 2 minutes and never moved. They were later joined by another fawn. A bit later had a doe with 2 button bucks feeding under my stand.

Not a bad 2 days of hunting for 2 1/2 hours total.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:40 PM

hey guys sorry i havent posted. but ive been tryin to get a buck every possible moment since day one. i got a nice one thats responding to my calls and ive basically pinpointed where he spends most of his time so im thinkin hopefully a few more days. good luck everyone

Old 11-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's up guys? I just got back from Ohio. I went up for two days. Didn't hunt much today with the rain, but yesterday I passed on a small 6pt, and what would have been a nice buck. He had 5 pts on one side, and the other side was busted off right above the browtine....so he was a 7pt technically, but could have been a 10. I passed and will be going back after they cut the corn in the area we was hunting.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

So my Dad came out this am to hunt with me and I put him in my stand behind the house. I decided to go stand in the pines and see what happens. Sure enough, here comes my Doe and Fawn and right behind them a great buck. He stood 75 yards away and worked a scrape and branch like I have never seen. I wish I had the camera. Then he stepped out of the pines and he was nice. the right side was long and tall, at least 5 points. the left turned out to be a big long forkhorn sticking straight up. the land owner had told me of seeing this buck all summer. He never made it closer than 45 yards and was standing looking straight at me.

Worked for a bit and meeting up with my Dad a little further down the road this afternoon. I think i'll wear my shorts (it's 58 today in Western PA.)
Old 11-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey fellas, TeeJay just called me and asked that I post in here that he scored an 8 point this morning. He shot it with his bow at 7:15 this morning and I think he said it scored around 100". He will not be getting home until Mon to post pics but at least you know you got another one coming!
Old 11-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's great news! Another score for Team Tree Huggers.

TodayI moved some stands around so I can archery hunt the rest of this week. Then I have to get ready for rifle season the following two weeks. While I'm doing that I'm going to replace the strings and cables on my bow with Bucknasty strings and cables. Get it all dialed back in and ready to close out the year with muzzleloader and archery seasons.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

There he is 97 5/8 172 lbs!
Old 11-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulation TeeJay! Nice Deer. Looking forward to the story.

Quick Reply: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.