Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread >

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Great job! We are catching up to the leaders now.

Congrat's BGHunter on a great buck. I take it he'll be at the taxidermist this week?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:54 PM

Congrats on the great buck...love the drop off his left base.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck. I was just admiring the photo in the Contest page and didn't realize it was for our team. Woohooo.

Nice job.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go BG. Love that drop tine!! Your hunting season just got more expensive, with a much needed trip to the taxidermist!
Old 10-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go BG. Guys I have been hitting it hard but nothing. Had a few young ones come crusing through this weekend. To small. Rifle opens next weekend, I still cary the bow but I have to deal with all the yahoos now.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:23 PM

Just got out Sunday afternoon. Had the big 2 1/2yr eight walk ten feet past my stand. Before he got to me I watched him make a couple of scrapes and a rub. Wish I would have gotten video of it. Hopefully he will make it until next year since he is already about 120+ as a 2 1/2yr. Plan on getting out every day this next week.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the comments guys. Ya, I'm taking him to the taxidermist this week. My wife is not to happy about this however. I guess I'll be doing a lot of goose and duck hunting this year since my season has ended. I have a couple good firearm stands that have yet to be touched this year and we can only kill one buck per year here in IN. So, you should see all my friends trying to hint around about those "poor lonely stands". Keep at it and good luck.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still hunting guys....it warmed up today, but supposed to cool back off by Wenesday/Thursday. I been hunting almost everyday but it's really slowed down here......seeing more does now then anything. Most of the small bucks have cleared out it seems. I'll still be out though this week and will update anything that happens.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I talked to my buddy back in KS. last night. He finally got my trail cam put up for me. Says there is a bunch of deer sign on my property. My brother has cut the soybean, planted the winter wheat which is up and looking good already, and he is going to cut the milo between now and this weekend. SO, plenty of food source, and cover, to keep plenty of deer around. Also, my nephew did some road scouting last weekend, spotted a big buck on my place, so that is two different people who have reported seeing a big buck on my property. I'm leaving next Wednesday to drive back, then will be back for 10 days. I've got high hopes! Going to set up a double bull first thing off, going to try to video when I hunt it!
My buddy also told me that he saw a 150" last Sunday, on his property two miles from mine. No chasing that he saw, but lots of fresh scrapes and rubs! He is going to check my trail cam. this weekend for me. Can't wait to see those pics.!
Keep at it Highcountry. It's bound to happen if ya keep puttin' the time in!
Off topic. Hey BG, my family got 3 bulls and 2 cows during 2nd rifel season. Two guys didn't get thier cows. One bull is at the taxidermist! If you want to know more about unit 67, Email me!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Headed out last night on a hunch. Not long after I was in the stand, I had a buck working his way in. When I first saw him, all I could see was a deer limping pretty good. My first thought was the big nontypical that I videoed last year. He is missing the bottom half of his back leg. Well it turned out, it was the 7 point I had been seeing. Looks like he got beat up or something. Watching him limp, I decided I was going to shoot him if given the opporutunity. He never made it closer than 45 yards and just didn't come in. I'll be back at it for the next week and a half.

Quick Reply: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.