Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread >

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Nothing to be sorry about, that is not what this contest is about. Be proud of that buck, you made a decision to take him, congratulations is all I have to say, great table fair, good buck. Your on the board.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

No reason to be sorry for anything, this contest is just for fun, remember. It's not about being first place, or last, it's about sharing our success in the field. It's about meeting new friends across the country. It's about sharing our outdoor storys and learning from each other! It's about so much more than big antlers, and we all need to remember that!!
Congrats on a fine deer!!
Old 10-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not really sorry about taking the deer, but I was going to wait on taking a decent buck....just so happened the "doe" I shot was a buck. I don't regret taking this deer, as the track/trailing job was by far the most extensive I have ever done. I am proud of the fact that I was able to stay on the trail and track this deer to get another shot to end the suffering and being persistent like that rather then just giving up. Plus all that work prevented another hit/wounded deer thread.

I'm not sorry about taking the deer, just sorry I didn't get us a better score....but we are on the board now and that's what matters. I just hope my next hunting report isn't one that includes a pic of the big 9pt I got on trail camera.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulations Highcountry! Very fine deer, and one to be proud of. Like everyone has stated this is not about winning a contest but sharing your experiences with us and meeting new people around the country who share a common interest. Also, good work after the shot. Thanks for getting us on the board, hopefully we will follow suit.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the buck. Nothing to be ashamed of. I did have 2 bucks out sparring Sunday am (No Sunday hunting in PA) that I'll post pictures of later.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, here are a few pictures from yesterday morning.

The smaller buck is an 8. I'm pretty sure I will pass on him and let him grow. The second buck is much bigger bodied and looks like he broke off his right main beam about half way out losing a point. the left side has a non matching point between what I would score the G1 and G2. You an see it best in the last picture.

Keep in mind these are all screen captures off a video and were taken at first light so they are somewhat grainy.

Enjoy.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pic's....it seems like just a matter of time before you get to put one on the ground pops.

I hunted my stand where I got the pic's of the big 9pt for the first time and found there had been a lot of four wheelers around my stand. I was amazed my stand wasn't stolen...but nothing was bothered. I just took it all down and I plan to move it from the apple tree's to the woods and set it up again. I believe I was really lucky that I didn't have my stand stolen knowing some of the people around here....oh well, I guess I will just have to try again.

I did bring in my camera from over the deer carcass....I was amazed to see the first pic was of a doe standing over the deer meet, and then a second pic of the deer browsing around it. I also got a night pic of something(could only see the eyes), and I got a bunch of pic's of a stray dog eating the majority of the meat. It warmed up today and it's supposed to rain tomorrow....so it will be up in the air if I go out tomorrow or if I just try to reset my second stand. Cold weather is supposed to return around Friday and I can't wait for the weekend.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:52 PM

Congratulations HighCountry BruteForce on the fine deer and for finally getting us on the board. I know how it is to be in your shoes, three years ago I shot a "doe" and when I got up to it I found out that it was actually a small six pointer. Great job sticking with the tracking and finding your deer. Looks like you will have some great tasting steaks for the winter.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a 7 point that spent about a half hour eating by my stand today. Sat in the office chair and watched while I was on the phone.

Here's a view out the back door. The blue you see is the chains on my kids swing set.

I also have video of the buck from last year (or at least I am pretty sure it is the same one. He had busted off an anter but the one looks awefully familiar.) Sorry for the odd looking picture. The morning I video taped him it was extremely foggy so I adjust the color to get a better look at him.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:41 AM
Fork Horn

Nice pictures Pops. I'll bet it gets hard to concentrate while working at home this time of the year.

Quick Reply: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.