Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread >

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

I certainly hope so...but I think it's a pretty good buck. If you look at the first pic that I lightened up, you can see his tines are very tall and appears to be a 9pt.

The camera would have been better if the deer had posed and got centered for the flash. I got some pic's of does that are crystal clear...day and night pics perfect when the deer gets squared for the camera. But anyways, I thought the pic of that buck was nothing until I had it up on my 52 inch big screen! Then I saw the outline and the antlers so I put it on here and did some work lightening the pic up, and I can clearly see the antlers and he looks like a real good 9pt to me. Just my opinion though......
Old 10-08-2006, 11:44 AM

Looks like a very nice buck. If it is one you choose to go after then good luck getting him.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still putting up the camera in other locations...but if I was in the area and he came by I don't figure I would pass him up. Only time will tell........6 days away....but the squirrel gravy and biscuits this morning after taking my fiance out hunting was delicous. MMM...nothing beats it......also looking at the weather it's going to be really cold and frosting over night from Thursday through bow opener....that's definetly got me pumped after the weather was in the low 70's today, and is expected to be low 70's tomorrow and Tuesday before the rain comes in and brings the cold weather with it.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well me and Katie scored a double on a pair of does tonight! Hers was a bit small but mine went 147 lbs!
Old 10-09-2006, 12:45 PM

Congratulations TeeJay!
Old 10-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Teejay,

Congrats to you both. Those will be good eating.

I haven't had any luck as of yet. Out scouting last night and walked up on a Doe and a fawn and on the way back a very nice buck. He was feeding and never knew I was there. Didn't have the camera with me this time. But he was a little wider and taller than the one I posted a few weeks back. He had very white colored antlers. Getting too dark to count points, but definitely a shooter. We are supposed to get some really cool weather this weekend. I already told the boss I feel a cold coming on Friday morning and that I would need a late start to the morning.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's Teejay! We got some cold weather in the forecast as well for opener.....looking at 5 days. [&:]
Old 10-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to the both of ya TeeJay..

Cough ....cough.......pops.................go get him!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

No points, but some meat in my freezer. Congratulations to you Teejay on your doe.

Old 10-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS to TeeJay, Katie, and BG!

Quick Reply: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.