Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread >

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Rain....dang rain! Didnt go out this AM cuz of the rain. It is starting to lighten up so im heading out this afternoon. Big country pack warm man. Its only supposed to be a high of 50 all week here. Lows in the high 20s.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:21 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

TeeJay

Good luck on your hunting. We are hoping this big rain system moves east so we can get some hunting in. Course that isn't good for you!! Looks to be a wet weekend for us on the ND side. I don't mind the cold weather coming in though. Hopefully it will freeze a few billionskeeters.

Again good luck !!

Tim
Old 09-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Other then the rain you will have some good hunting weather. I think by the time our season opens on Oct 14, it's going to be real cool here. We've already had some stints of weather in the upper 60's and low 70's. Even the last few days have been cool. Supposed to be nice though this weekend, in the upper 70's...but Wenesday the cold front you guys have will be here and it's dropping us into the low 60's, with 40's overnight.

But goodluck this afternoon....make us Tree Huggers proud.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing yet. Katie (my girlfriend) smoked a doe last night tho.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:34 PM

Opening day in Wisconsin was an unfruitful day for me. Got soaked in the morning and then saw two does in the evening. Even with the lack of activity it was still great to just be out hunting.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Enjoy it guys....all I get to do is fight with my trail camera and look for new stand locations. 27 Days and Counting down till I get to bow hunt.....good thing squirrel season comes in the week before.....3 weeks and I get to enjoy the outdoors....hopefully I can get a good sized red squirrel to mount and hang in the living room tomatch my full body mount pieballed button buck, and 7pt jackalope buck. Not to mention the nice 8 and 9pt racks on the wall.

I think someone asked to see the pieballed in this thread??? If so remind me and I can snap a quick pic for you guys. Goodluck this week if you guys get out and about.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Have we picked a team captain yet? Someone with some computer knowledge would probably serve us best (i.e not me).
Old 09-18-2006, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BGHUNTER00

Have we picked a team captain yet? Someone with some computer knowledge would probably serve us best (i.e not me).

LOL me either.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

I just secured permission on 150 acres of new deer hunting property... that has not been hunted in over 5 years!!! I've been working on this guy all summer and he kept saying ask me when season gets closer. He finally gave in and now I'm going to have to do some serious scouting as our season comes in in 2 weeks. I'm also going to have to visit the new sportsman's warehouse (never been to one) they just built here and get a couple new treestands. I tried hunting out of a climber lastyear and just didn't likeit, too noisy. I have a few API fixed stands and really like them.

I hope I'm not a detriment to the team as I hope to hold out for a nicebuck (read tag soup). We are only allowed 1 buck per season here in Indiana so I have to be picky. Lows in the 40's here the next couple days makes my anticipation level very high.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I volunteered for Team Captain in the post about team captain's. I'm also the one who had our team officially named to the "Tree Huggers" after no one seemed to object to the name. So if no one wants to take the reigns I can do it. If someone else wants to do it, that is cool with me to.

Also, tomorrow I'm making my yearly trip to Cabela's in Wheeling, WV. Should be a good trip where I wander around the store all day and spend some $$ on "must have" hunting supplies. LOL. I took a couple good pic's of my pieballed mount, I just have to resize them and I'll post them up tonight.

As for the season, this contest shouldn't really dictate what you decide to take a shot on while your hunting. If you want to shoot the first buck that comes out, that's fine...and if you want to hold out till the last day waiting for a big buck, that is fine to. This contest shouldn't really dictate or change the way you hunt. I have buddies that take the first buck they can, even if it's a spike. This contest is for fun anyway, and as long as we get a score for most everyone on the team I think we'll be fine in the end.

Quick Reply: 5- Team "Tree Huggers" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.