Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 8- Team "Big Buck Assassins" Official Thread >

8- Team "Big Buck Assassins" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

8- Team "Big Buck Assassins" Official Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 05:24 PM

Default RE: 8- Team Official Thread

Man, depends on how active it is. If it's a primary scrape, I say hell yeah, set up on it, but be cautious of the wind as always.

I leave for our farm Thursday evening. My water hole tactic worked well on a doe this past trip, I may try that again. My buddy was down this past weekend and said there were a lot of deer around the "upper" water hole. He even saw one really good buck there. Things are starting to heat up around here and it gets nothing but better from here out! I am VERY excited. I also have a full week the first part of November I'll be there, so hopes are very high at this point.

I'll also be trying some grunting and light rattling this weekend. The grunt call worked on several deer this past weekend around here. Should be getting good out there.

OH.....I've emailed zingnut a couple of times and have gotten no response. I'm gonna check w/ Rob and see what he thinks. Maybe an alternate??
Old 10-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted Sat. morning and watched 3 different shooter bucks work the same scrape 60 yards from my stand. I had several does walk right under my stand that morning so I still felt my stand was in the right spot. I hunted the stand again with a SW wind in the afternoon and of course had 2 of the 3 shooters return to the scrape at the same time. Both bucks faced off at about 65 yards and all hell broke loose. They went at it hard for a solid 2 minutes, grunting and doing the whole deal. Needless to say I didn't get an opportunity to shoot either. I moved my stand closer to the scrape on Sunday, and will wait for perfect weather to hunt it this Friday with bucky jr. my little buck decoy. The pre-rut is started to turn on in KY for sure. I'm off from oct. 20 - 29 to hunt elk in eastern ky and whitetails at the same time. I should have a chance at a mature buck before Nov.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

Hay guys sorry I dont post much during hunting time.

I have been hunting most every day. Glassing or hunting :} I have saw some very very nice bucks. Lots of 140s I am on A 160 or so now . Last 2 nights I have seen him just did not get the right pose for my shot.

I will try to get in more and say high to all.

Good luck to all.
Charles Bradford
Old 10-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

I am still alive, I have been on the road alot with work gearing up so I can take Nov off for the most part. I have hunted maybe 3 times so for with lots of small bucks and no great shots at does I was willing to take. I have some larger deer on the property but not willing to hunt them till I get sometime to really hunt them. I will keep you posted and not giving my team the cold shoulder just a road warrior lately.

~Jeff
Old 10-17-2006, 05:30 PM

Sounds like ya'll are pretty darn busy!! Thanks guys for pokin in and saying hi, we appreciate it. We were starting to think maybe we stink or something, and ya'll didn't wanna be seen with us...[&:]

Keep at 'em and good luck! I'm headed out Thursday, and I can't wait!! The pre rut is just getting started, so rattling and grunting should be effective. Hunting from dark to dark from now till the end of November.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:33 PM

Well all, I had a 15 yard shot at a small, basket racked year and half old 6 point this weekend, but I let him walk. High, swirling winds really messed us up this weekend. Here's a shot of my second doe, taken October 9.

Old 10-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Absolute beautiful picture mobowhuntr....great job.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:28 PM

Thanks, buddy. It did turn out quite well. We should have taken a little more time and removed some of the taller weeds.....That full moon in the photo was a bit smaller than I remember it that night.....Good grief was it bright!
Old 10-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've had to work all weekend ,so I've been just chomping at the bit to get out .I'm off for 2 day's now and I'll be heading out tomorrow to throw a stand up where I've been seeing some decent buck's hanging out in the eveing . Hopefully I'll get a crack at one of them real soon .
I just picked up a doe decoy last week ,but have not used it yet ,waiting formthe chase phase of the rut to kick in , I'm thinking this week or next week will be a good time to start using it .Tomorrow night I'll hunt with out it ,just to see what happen's . I'm seeing severel 120 class buck's and that's really a pretty good buck around here ,but we do have some 150 class hanging around .
Keep at her guy's we're gonnaget on the scoreboard real soon.

nubo

nubo
Old 10-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Well all, I had a 15 yard shot at a small, basket racked year and half old 6 point this weekend, but I let him walk. High, swirling winds really messed us up this weekend. Here's a shot of my second doe, taken October 9.

Nice picture. Congrats on your second doe.

Quick Reply: 8- Team "Big Buck Assassins" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.