Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread >

10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 10 Point

That is great news JM. We will keep her in our prayers.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

I have been hunting for the last few days and I was able to see a very nice buck on saturday night. But that was the only deer I have seen in the last 3 days on hunting. I am not use to that.During the regular bow season I can not remember the last time I haven't seen deer when hunting. I can now understand the frustration that some go through when not seeing deer. I will try again tonight after work. I am getting a little tired of wearing blaze orange though. It is ML season so it is a must. It just makes me look fat. Not my color at all.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Go get that big one Copper. Here is a pic of our ice storm. We were out of power and phone for 4 days. I tried to talk Rob into coming over to climb some poles and help us out but I guess he was too busy. Anyway it is back on now.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

another

Old 12-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

1 more

Old 12-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

I wish I could but I was out again last night and did not even see a deer. I don't know what is going on.I have hunted these woods since I bought them 4 years ago and this is a first as far as not seeing deer. I have always seen at least one. I did however see a Bald Eagle that landed about 20yards from me. I had the camera but the batteries were cold so it wouldn't take a picture. I watched for about 10 mins. I am going to play hookie tomorrow and hunt all day.

Those are some nice pics. It is hard to believe that something that can look so nice can cause so much damage.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread

Hey, how is the rest of the team doing. I went out last night and had 4 deer playing tag down in the creek below me. Chasing one another around for 10 minutes. They finally settled down and came my way. It was 2 does and 2 button bucks. The buttons passed by at 20 yds, but the does never got any closer than 40 thru brush, no shot. I let the little guys go to grow up.

It was neat hunting in the snow and ice the past couple of weeks. But it will be gone soon. Temps are supposed to be in the 50*'s this week.
I did learn one thing, when the birds eatthose red berries on the honeysuckle bushes it leaves a mess that looks just like a blood trail on the snow. Glad I didn't have to trail one thru those bushes.

I havn't given up yet. Let's get a few more bucks for the scoreboard.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Next up is our extended archery season. Things have been extremely hectic lately. Work has been busy. My son's birthday is Wednesday. Christmas is not far behind. Then after that it's New Years and then my wife is scheduled to deliver our baby on Jan. 5th unless she goes into labor before then.

Somewhere in that time I'll find a couple more days to hunt.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

JeremyK you need to have your wife go a little early to get that tax deduction this year.

WE EXPECT BABY PICTURES!!!

Yeah it does get a little hectic this time of year.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats JeramyK on the kid. Good point jmbuck.

I have been sick the last week and haven't been able to get out. Weather has been crap to. I haven't given yet. Just wish it would get cold.

Quick Reply: 10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.