Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread >

10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Official Team 10 Point

well gang, after being gone for work to NY for 10 days I took all of last week off and hunted Seen my shooter twice but didn't get a shot. Sat. I saw 3 bucks and 5 does and 1 was a sure shooter and 1 was marginal. The marginal chased a doe all around my stand and finally "caught" her about 60 yds out. I really wish I had brought my cam cause he "serviced" her 3 times. After the last they both laid down for about 30 min to rest LOL. He never got back close enough. GL to all
Old 11-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Well gang I have given up for now. Day after day I have sat and no matter where I sit I see deer. The only problem has been not getting a good shot on any.I have been real critical about my shot selection lately. I just don't want to be the guy to post " I hit one and can't find it". But I have plans to hunt the late season here which has produced my last few bucks that I have gotten. Gun season starts here on the 18th and that is always a fun time. We have a traditional wisconsin hunting camp that my family goes to every year since the 30's. Getting a deer isn't #1 on the list so it is fun. I am hosting 6 youth hunters on my land for the doe hunt in December. I am in need of 2 more volenteers but I am sure they will come. I really hope to get some pics for you guys with the kids and their deer. We have done it the last 2 years and it has been a blast. Not to mention it helps with the doe count. But not to worry I am 90% sure I will still harvest a buck with the bow.

JmBuck hope all is well with your wife. My boys ask about her when they sit on my lap and I read them stories and show them pictures of deer on the HN. Thought are still with you.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys I am off to the north woods of WI for the 9 day rifle hunt. Good luck to all talk to you when I get back
Old 11-20-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

What happened to the rest of you guys? Nothing to report? It seems our team has fallen apart. I hope all of your seasons aren't over already. I am still going to be out there whenever I get the chance. I have a few more tags to fill after gun season is over.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still lurking but haven't been on the forums much lately. We're in between seasons right now so I've just been relaxing and getting ready for the holidays. I'll be back out there when the season picks up again on Nov. 27th.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

I am back from the north woods of WI and getting ready to stuff my face with turkey tomorrow. Can't wait until the gun season is over. The last day is sunday and then we have a muzzle loader season and then a doe only four day hunt. We can bowhunt as soon as the rifle season is over we just have to wear blaze orange during the muzzle loader. There has been some really nice bucks spotted by my bow stand. My inlaws rifle hunt out there and I am very confident that the deer are very safe. That and I told them if any of them shota deer out of any of my bow stands they would never hunt out there again. We had a little proplem with some friends of my inlaws messing up my stands a little so now they are off limits to all. Well I hope all is well and every one has had a safe and productive season.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havnt been out in a while, Lost my land close to buy that I hunt on and license is suspended so can't really drive at all. I get them back after traffic school which is the 4,5, and 6th so ill be out hunting again when I get them.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm headed back out tomorrow but the weather here has been warm for this time of year. Supposed to be in the 60's until Friday. [:'(]
Old 11-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

GOT SOME GREAT NEWS FROM MY WIFE TONIGHT!! The doc came in and told her if her blood counts continue to climb the rest of the week she can go home this weekend. She has been in the hospitol since Oct 24 battling Lukemia. After 2 rounds of chemo it is in remission, but she has to build her resistance back up. It will be a joy not to have run to the hospital to visit every spare minute I have.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:56 AM
Typical Buck

I didn't realize she was in the hospital all this time. WOW. That is great news. I hopethe chemo wasn't to rough on her.I havea gentlemen that works for me that has been fighting cancer for a few months now. Just hearing his stories about chemo, I can't imagine. He says it really kicked his butt. But that is wonderful news. I was getting worried nothearing from you at all.

Quick Reply: 10- Team "10 POINT" Offical Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.