Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread >

14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread

I have been pretty dry since the harvest of the doe. The temps are finally starting to cool here. Hopefully the deer will be moving better than they have so far. Stay after them team.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:08 AM

I had a 140 class 8 point standing 33 yards aways from me y-day morning looking around but couldnt draw because of the stupid bow hanger my buddies dad had in the stand, I can't wait to get back after him. I could of shot a fork horned buck but that's not gonna get it done, I'll keep after em'
Old 10-11-2006, 10:44 PM

Heading to God's Country (Jondoe's backyard) for the next 4 days. Hope to get on one. At least would like to tag a doe. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:05 AM

I shot a doe last night, here's the story

With a major cold front moving in and high winds I thought I would go to a stand I havent hunted yet this year that overlooks a dry creek bed and also is a funnel to a bean field. Got into the stand at about 4:30. Twenty minutes later 2 does come running by at mach 5 and scare me about half to death, turns out they were playing. Well they move on and another doe comes running through and passes right in front of me and stops to my left about 25 yards. Another doe yet to pass through the creek bed is on the other side. I stand to get on the doe to shoot when she comes down the creek bed, well the bigger doe to my left busts me and blows, stomps, flags her tail, you know the drill. The doe I am waiting on never runs off just stands there motionless looking aroun for about 5 min, finally comes down the creek bed stops 22 yards quatering away and I let her have it, shot a little far back but the blood still poured. Nice to get one on the ground after so many close calls. sorry no pics.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:48 PM

anyone out there?

Still seeing mostly does, what about everyone else?
Old 10-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

I still haven't gotten out. [:-]

I'll try going out tomorrow if it's not raining again.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

We'll i harvested my first deer on 10/12 a doe. Funny how it can about i was at work that day and a couple of guys who have hunted since they where kid where talk about the place where i was hunting that for my first time hunting that i picked a hard place to hunt. And i thought they where right because i have been hunting the same spot since opening day. and nothing and i mean nothing at all. Till Thursday i went out after work and i got to my stand about 5:15 5:30 so I'm sitting there and I'm thinking to my self another night of nothing no movement. So I got my phone and started texting my girlfriend to tell her that I'm becoming one with nature since I have been sitting there looking at the trees move and the leafs fall while finishing my text to her I see a movement to my right a doe i slowly put me phone in my pocket and reach for my bow as i reached for my bow 2 more doe come into the clearing now that first doe came in and walked around and stood about 10yd from my stand while the other 2 where about 20yds from me. So i had to sit there for about 15 min because i didnt want to spook the other 2 because one of the does was about 140 150 couldn't tell but she was big ( to me anyways).
finally the little doe moved over to my bait and i was able to move. I set up on the biggest doe of the three and drew back said to myself ( relax carlos you did this before hunting boar) i put the 20 pin on her and she was giving me a quartering shot and i let the arrow go what a wonderful feeling to know you had made a good shot on your first deer. Now i have been told the when a deer comes in you start shaking and you have to calm yourself but it seem to be the opposite for me i could not stop shaking after i knew i have made a good shot on her. So i had to call my girlfriend just to talk to someone to calm myself down she didnt believe me when i told her that i got a doe because i was just texting her about being one with nature LOL it still makes me laugh. So we named my first deer nature. well thats the story of my first deer ever.....

I know i will remember this hunt forever.

Here is a pic of her its not a very good pic i was using my camera phone and it was getting dark

Oh thats the exit not where it entered

Old 10-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats!!

I usually shake before, during and after the shot. [&:]
Old 10-17-2006, 08:14 AM

Way to go Carlos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe passthrew!

Congrats on your first deer clos, thats a nice fat doe.

I havent been out hunting in aover a week[:@], i been finishing up some projects before winter sets in here.
I will heading out tommorrow and this weekend to try and put one on the ground for the team so we shall see what happens. good luckteam

Quick Reply: 14- Team "Midwest Trophy Stalkers" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.