Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 18-Team "PREDATORS" Official Thread >

18-Team "PREDATORS" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

18-Team "PREDATORS" Official Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 18- Team Official Thread

ORIGINAL: North4

Matt,

Where is Cogan Station in PA? I learned to bowhunt in your great state when I lived and worked there in '79 - '80. Lived in Benton north of Bloomsburg and really enjoyed it. Back then, compounds were not what they are today. Had the opportunity togo to the Bowhunters Festival in Forksville a couple of times. Bought archery accessories and arrows for my BrowningNomad there. Was smitten with the archery bug thenand in fact still have the bow and some of the arrows hanging in my basement. Didn't actually take any deer with a bow back then, too naive about scent control and treestands weren't widely used. Definitelyhave all of the right equipment now and the sport is still a challenge as well as a thrill. North4
It's just north of Williamsport (about 5 miles). I've never been to the bow festival, but I've been to Forksville (do a lot of fishing along 87 and the Loyalsock creek).
Old 08-30-2006, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Btw, who are we electing as the Team Captain?
Old 08-30-2006, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I actually grew up in PA, just southwest of Pittsburgh, in Washington. I was planning a trip to hunt there this year but started a new job and vacation time isn't right yet.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a few recent pics for you guys to check out. The big boy didn't come through this time that I can be sure of. I've got some other pics with big bucks in the background that I couldn't ID. Enjoy.

And no velvet:

Old 08-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice ones!!! Here's one from last year. Sorry I didn't put camera out this year on this property, since no-one hunts near here. Iknow of 14 different bucks using this property, 12 in pictures and 2 live. The 2 live were huge, but out of range!

That one I called "Topper". I can't get the rest of the pictures to come up, sorry!

Old 08-30-2006, 06:58 PM

Awesome pics guys, i will probably check my camera this weekend. How do i get that avatar
Old 08-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter4life

Awesome pics guys, i will probably check my camera this weekend. How do i get that avatar
Right clic the image and choose "save image as" and save it somwhere on your computer...then go into your profile here, scroll down to "avatar" click "upload" and choose the image you downloaded.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

We still haven't picked a team captain. Ithink eitherJames Vee or Cougar Mag. They have more stars than I do
Old 08-31-2006, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Because Mag is a mod, I elect him.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't appear that all of our team are posting much. Maybe I missed the flurry of posts. SO I guess I'll have to post pictures

One of the fish out of my pond. Last year caught 6 between 6 and 10 lbs.
One of the deer I mounted last year

and my doe

I'll be putting out 3 trail cameras this weekend. So we'll see.

Quick Reply: 18-Team "PREDATORS" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.