Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread >

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Spike

Default RE: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Yeah Nate...Congrats on the wee one.....Haven't seen you this happy since Saturday October 21, 2006 around 5:30pm. ......lol

I tried to upload the picture i took of your buck that day, but it said the file was to large.........Better try your camera?

Anyway, i am trying to go up on the 180 real soon if you know what i mean. Got some more does to get sniped by, and deer (of yours) to drag out.....

Small
Old 10-26-2006, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

I only saw two does ata distance last night. I also was in the middle of 25-30 turkeys. Amazing what the corn fields are holding. I could here animals running through the corn all night, but didn't see a lot of action. I hope everyone else is having better luck. 10 days until vacation, can't wait. Hopefully it is not a repeat of last year, most of the rutting action took place in the corn. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats New, I bet you are at an all time high right now. I am happy for you and your family.

Well, guys, I am seeing sign of another large buck on a different piece of property. I am going to lay the bow down for the next couple weeks and go out w/the 'ol muzleloader. Hopefully I will catch up with him. Good luck to everyone and be safe!!
Old 10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

[/align]
[blockquote]
[/align]

[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: MDS184122577

Yeah Nate...Congrats on the wee one.....Haven't seen you this happy since Saturday October 21, 2006 around 5:30pm. ......lol

I tried to upload the picture i took of your buck that day, but it said the file was to large.........Better try your camera?

Anyway, i am trying to go up on the 180 real soon if you know what i mean. Got some more does to get sniped by, and deer (of yours) to drag out.....

Small
Thanks Smally and thanks toeveryone else as well. MDS184122577 is my ace hunting partner and I'll tell you guys all about our hunt when I get home and post pics.The little one got the green light for going home and we will bechecking out of the hospital in about an hour so I am looking forward to getting home. By the way Smalls you can go to www.tinypic.com to change file sizes of pics and clips and its free. "Your my dog Blue!!!!" I'll talk to everyone soon. Be safe and good luck. I noticed that the key to success for last year winners was that 8 out of 10 of them scored so hopefully with the weather changing and the rut within sightwe allwill have some good oppurtunities.
[/blockquote][/blockquote]
Old 10-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Spike

Nate,

I have been playing with that webpage....Everyone try this link to check out the deer...i hope it works

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=48p0c49

I will tell you what gents and ladies....i was sitting about 50 yards from the whole thing and it was exciting to listen to. It happened only moments after i got sniped from about 10 yards out by this Doe.....being new at the bowhunting thing i learned a valuable lesson. Always wait for them to move before you do......it was still exciting to be that close, but i did leave discouraged. Anyway....i heard the bow, and then a flurry of leaves and branches....followed by another series of noises....then a large sigh of relief......of course i thought he shot the doe i spooked...........Anyway about 30 minutes later i could here him coming down from his climber, and at that moment in time i knew my hunt was over.........The things you have to do for your buddies......lol
Old 10-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well fellas a scored on a decent buck tonite. He scored 121 2/8 i thought he was a 3 year old but ended up being a 2 1/2 year old but o well theres alot more bucks here. His neck is really swelled up too. sorry about the buck in the back of the truck too doesnt make a good picture but it was raining and i was in a rush to get him outa the woods.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Fork Horn

bwhunter congrats and did you recieve those shirts they told me they were delivered. If not let me know. It would only fiqure you score on a dandy of a buck and the only one who didnt recieve there shirts shoots a beauty.Congrats again.

New sounds like you have one heck of a partner thanks for the picks nice buck and glad to see you are bringing home the little one and that her the mom are doing well. Congrats on both again.

My partner Rob/Pa scored tonight as well on a nice 8point this is the third year he scored before i travel up for a week and a half. It looks like there is a few of us that better kick it in gear and help our team mates out and i will pledge to my best but man the pressure is mounting thanks guys I do better under pressure. Q2
Old 10-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations bwhunter, dandy buck! Like Q2 says, the pressure is mounting on the rest of us. We have a great shot to win this thing. It is nice to be on a team that is so active, and truly enjoys to hunt. After all, that is what it is all about. I won't be out again until Wednesday, but good luck to you all!
Old 10-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Team 12 I decided to look over the scores of the other teams and if NEWS buck is 60 inches that puts us in 3rd place with a score of 309 6/8 and the only ones in front of us would be team16 at 315 2/8 and team17 at 318 3/8. 16 has 3bucks down and 17 has 4. we have 3 and are right were we need to be to take over.There is no pressue the three guys who scored did there job and put our name on the map the rest of us just have to score to help out good luck guys I love a challenge. Q2
Old 10-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I'll be , I heard about NEW61375 's buck and his new baby girl but I must of missed bwhuunter501 .
When did this happen , was I sleeping or in the twilight zone , any way good job bwhunter501 .
I look in the score card and bwhunter501 picture and score but I didn't see NEW61375 entry.
Well I guess its time for me to get out there and put more effort on getting one for the team .
I'm not trying to come up with any excuse's it's just I'm being a little to pickey , I haven't even shot a doe yet .
The weather here in Michigan has been changing like crazy the past few days , it's supose to be very windy with gust up to 50 mph and scatterd snow flurries this coming weekend .
It will be a little hard to shoot a bow with those kind of winds but come next Monday and Tuesday it gonna be up to 53 degrees and party sunny skies , more like my kind of weather .
Then come Nov. 2nd thru the 6th I'll be up north at my sister - in - laws place , maybe I'll get lucky up there but I gotta be back home on the 7th so I can excersize my right to vote and cast my baillot .
Well I'll let you guys go for now , good luck to all who haven't shot one yet and congrats to the three of you who put us on the score card may God Bless us all .

Quick Reply: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.