Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread >

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

BOOOOOOOOYAH!!!!!! That a boy. Congrats Trent on a beautiful buck glad you got to share it with family.. I guess thats is the target for us to beat, your on...Youwinsteaks and beer on me hell, i shoot something like that I will have steaks and and beer on me lol.When we are in a lull a score by a team mate just boosted the spirits to go back out. I just got off work it is 1130 pm and I was going to skip the am hunt but not now thanks for the motivation..Congrats again Millertime congrats..Q2
Old 10-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

My oh my now we are a celeb front page of the net. You are makeing a statement for team 12 lets make this contages. I coudnt go out this morning Ihave to go to teacher conferences for my son but i will be out tonight.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I finally get to slip out again this saturday for some bowhunting. I have been doing a little rifle/shotgun hunting right by the house because I get off at 3:50 and only hunt about 10 miles away.I sat in the rain for about 2 hours yesteday evening and didn't see squat. It wasn't raining too hard and I thought for sure I might catch one headed to the beans before dark, no such luck. The area has beengetting some pretty regular hunting pressureso the deer are probably getting a little edgy. However this Saturday I'll be hunting one of my favorite bowhunting hotspots and will hopefully have some action.

Trent that is a nice buck!! I finally realized (thanks Q2)I could view the pic under the Hunting.net harvest report. Good job!!

There is a member (Bloodbro)that posted thishunting poem on anotherthread. I thought I would put it here in case you guys didn't see it.

You Did It, Man - A Hunting Poem
By Dan Infalt

[/align]Here's to the Bosses
and Wives who just don't understand
what it is like to be the Hunter man

The blood and the sweat
and the mud in your eye

Getting out of work early
with a little white lie

Here is to getting lost in a swamp
and getting home late
living on pretzels
and praying for fate

The close calls
The bad calls
Shots you can't take back

The broken down truck
and 20 below
A glimpse of a rack
and 2 feet of snow

Sleeping in your backseat
flat out of cash
a hole in your boot
and a nasty swamp rash

And at the end of the season
when your broke and half dead
you hang your new mount and just nod your head

HERE'S TO YOU!!!
You did it Man!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

I am going out tonight guys, hopefully the deer will cooperate. I have seen a lot of activity the past couple of nights when scouting. It is about 40 degrees today, so the weather is good. I think we are still a couple of weeks from having a lot of really good activity. There is a lot of corn still in around here, but I am going to give it a shot anyway. Nice poem new, and good luck to everyone.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys for the congrats, I really appreciate it. Now its time for you all to outdo me and let us take this thing over. We still have a lot of time and the best part is yet to come.

Man, I didn't know they put my ugly mug up on the home page. I have a quicklink straight to the forums and never look at the home page. Thanks Q2, for bringing that up. Guess it pays off to take time and try to get good pics of your harvest. I always try to make them look good and presentable. There are always none hunters that look at the pictures, could make a bad impression on people if you don't have them cleaned up nice.

I want to apologize again for not having my team shirt on with the deer. I meant to throw it in my bag and just plain forgot.

Thanks again guys, and good luck!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well team I made it backhomealive but empty handed no deer DARN.
It was a nice trip with my wife , we had a good time up north the colors where great.
My friend got married last Saturday at Thunder Bay Resort in Hillman Michigan thats on the east side of the northen lower / not in the U. P.
This place was awesome , they have big draft horse's that take you on a carriage ride thru an elk ranch and then they had the recheptionat there lodge.
Here are some pictures :

Old 10-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

Oh yeah, I like the poem New. Some people just don't realize the reason we love it so much. Whether we have a deer to look at at the end of the season, or not, we still have enjoyed a great experience every time out and always look forward to the next one. I wishall people that are less fortunate get to experience the same things that we do. I know that is unrealistic, but I know the world would be better off if we had more people enjoy the outdoors like we all do on here.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another one

Old 10-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

And another

Old 10-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry guys for some reason I can only one at a time heres another

Quick Reply: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.