Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread >

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 12- Team Official Thread

Well it seems like everybody's here with the exception of oor2003, New and I treid to contact him with no luck.
But with nine of us here we should try to come up with a name for our team, so let's see some thoughts.
It doesn't have to be creative or catchy , just something that all of us would be happy with.
Does MEGA BUCKS sound good to every one.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:02 PM

I like mega bucks! if you guys want I am pretty handy with photoshop and could whip us up a logo when we decide on a name.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

hey guys im finally here to pick up the rear. sorry. i didnt know they already picked teams. i thought they were going to pick in sept/ sometime. glad to see we have almost every one here.. to let you know a little about my self: my neme is jeff and im 20. i live in central illinois right next to pike county. i have been hunting since i was 6 and have been bow hunting for the last 8 years with 4 mounter to show. my biggest being a 160 class. i have no kids and a sweet heart that hunts just as much as i do. this year is looking real good. i have a wildlife eye and a few other digital motion camras that have caught some realy nice bucks within bow range of 5 different stands i have up.. as far as a name forour. i have no clue but i will put some thought into it and let you know what i come up with. i dont knowabout the rest of you guys buti have been having trouble sleeping since a couple weeks ago. season starts oct 1 here. and i cant wait. good luck and i hope to be talking to you guys soon.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Fork Horn

RdHUNTER MegaBucks sounds ok to me and if HOLLIDAYSLIM comes up with a logo I have a buddy that is a printer and he could make us up some shirts I could send outfor when we score, we could post with them on as an added bonus for our team when we win this thing.Only thing I would need would be sizes and addresses long sleeve or short.Prices would be really cheap.RDHUNTER are you our Captin?Just an idea to make this alittle more fun.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here are some more names to ponder....
The Rack Hunters ... The Point Collectors .... The Rack Masters ...
Just a few to think about, and Slim that would be cool to have a logo.
Q2inwhitetails : no I'm not the captian, we haven't picked one yet but I guess I wouldn't mind taking on the task , since I'm going to be retiring soon, I'll have some time on my hands I just not sure what a captian has to do.
The T - Shirts would be cool also keep the idea's coming and lets here from everyone, and duckdog I'm glad you could be with us- welcome to the team.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Her is a few Bushwackers, Stumpthumpers,Muzzymoments,Silentstalkers, Teamhanginghigh.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

A few ideas....Freak Nasty 12...Dirty Dozen....Toast 'em & Roast 'em...probably stupid, but just a thought.

I like the shirt idea, something to set us apart from the others.

I have an idea to kill some time while we are waiting on season, lets post pics of some of our best deer.....doesn't matter if it's trail cam or one you have taken... I will start..

Here is my best deer (taken wit a rifle [&:]) (172 2/8" Gross NT)

Here is my cousin's first deer he shot off my place last year (184 1/8" Gross NT) Doesn't look that big in the pic, but trust me, the pic doesn't do it justice.

Here is a deer my buddy shot with his bow3 years ago (196" Gross NT) Biggest deer killed in Okla. w/a bow in 2003, 1/2 mile from where I hunt

Here is pic of some deer that have come of my place in the last 6 years, that were shot by my dad, brother, and I.

I just hope i can help us out this year and get another to add to the trophy room....if you want to look at more pics I have in photobucket check out this link:http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/broncho10/Hunting/?start=all

Here is a link to my gamecam pics: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/broncho10/Gamecam/?start=all
Old 08-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome everyone. Megabucks sounds good to me too. RDHunter gets my vote for team captain as well. I like to see that everyone is so active, I hope that stays. It makes it much more interesting when everyone is telling stories and giving each other a bad time.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Those are some awesome bucks! I will try and get some pictures posted when I have more time. My buck from last year is on the archives post in the contest. It was only 110", but that wasn't bad for a 6 point. My brother-in-law and I went into taxidermy to help curb the cost of getting deer mounted. So far, in 2 years, we have mounted 4 of our own deer. The 6 point was the smallest, and a 150 inch was the largest.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some of these sound better when you don't say the 12.

Team 12 "BHW" (Bow Huntin' Whitetails)
Team 12 "HBH" (Hardcore Bow Hunters)
Team 12 "Hoss Bucks"
Team 12 "Bullwinkle"
Team 12 "Wallhangers"
Team 12 "Conquest"
Team 12 "Big Woods"
Team 12 "Got Bucks?"
Team 12 "Have Bow....Will Travel" (this is more of a quote but I love it)
Team 12 "Buck Stoppers"
Team 12 "Buck Assassins"

I'll try and come up with a few more later. The T-shirt idea is sweet. Having them on in the picture taken with your buck would be a great way to set us apart a little.

Most of the areas I hunt here in VA open the first week of October and in NC the Bow season comes in Sept. 9. I normallydon't go out too much that early I like for it to cool off just a little.

By the way, Is it October yet?!?!?!................How about now?!?!?

Quick Reply: 12- Team "MEGA Bucks" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.