Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread >

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 16- Team Official Thread

FSh. I finally got it ..although I lost some clarity..I had to make it a gif file.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

fsh, I hope you have an awesome trip, will bring back lots of pictures and trophies, and can make some great recommendations for us on your return.

OK guys, just a quick in and out for now. Details later; got to get this in the cooler now:

Old 09-07-2006, 10:18 PM

[align=right]
[/align]
Old 09-07-2006, 10:20 PM

Canuck,

Congratulations man! You got the monkey off our backs, now the bucks can fall like rain. Can't wait to hear the story...

Jerry
Old 09-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Typical Buck

Jerry, thanks for fixing the picture - what did I do wrong? Got another one here that probably won't show either.

So here's the scoop:

Early archery season opened Sept 1 and I was in my favorite territory before sunup every morning. I have identified at least 20 different bucks there, including 2 or 3 whoppers. But every time I picked a trail to cover, it seemed most of the traffic was on another 60 to 100 yards away. A few small bucks offered opportunities but they weren't that tempting.

On Tuesday, I watched helplessly as the parade of bucks I described earlier traipsed along a trail I had almost set up on. This was 60-70 yards from my position. So I decided to hit that location exclusively for the final 4 days of archery (firearms starts Sept 10). This morning it came together - almost had a spike in my lap, then 2 4-points moseyed in front of me at 30 yd. The shot passed right through both lungs to the ground beyond and the buck trotted away almost casually for 150 yards before falling over.

He wasn't the biggest of what I had been seeing by any means, but he was today's biggest. Although bow hunting is allowed right through firearms season, I don't really want to be concealing myself during that period. Late archery, after guns is finished, doesn't start until Nov 25 and I am scheduled for shoulder surgery before then. So I thought a bird in the hand would be a good idea. Near as i can get it, he scores 87 7/8.

Old 09-08-2006, 05:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great Job Canuck!! Man that's awesome we are on the board a month before our season even opens. Good shooting and nice Buck!! Congratulations!
Old 09-08-2006, 06:11 AM

Way to go man! We are enroute to being the winning team. I am going to go this sat'dy close to home rather than to my club --due to the recent death of my father. I want to stay close by. I am glad you got one, and you have made a fine contribution to the team. Thanks!

btw---I will be getting my son to change my avatar this afternoon, since I am not so good with the technical stuff!
Old 09-08-2006, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Canuck 2 You are da Man!!!

Congratulations and way to go! If the other nine of us duplicate your feat we will be a tough team to beat. Way to get us headed in the right direction buddy. What a great contribution to the team 16 Underdogs.

Fshfly good luck on your Moose/Caribou adventure, I wish you well. I leave Wednesday for more elk action...Can't wait.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

Well, a last quick look at the'puter before I depart and what a surprise! --WAY TO GO CANUCK2!

Thanks all for the well-wishes...

-fsh

Old 09-08-2006, 08:00 AM

Canuck,

Hey congrats again, You've really got me excited for our season to start but i still have to wait till September 30th [:@]For the picture you did everything right just change the IMG to lowercase to img and it should show up fine.

Jerry

Quick Reply: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.