Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread >

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 03:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 16- Team Official Thread

buckhuntinkg
- Although I shoot my bow year around, I've been heavy on the practice this year because of my impending moose hunt. I will launch ~400arrows a week when possible - that includes one or two 3-d shoots each week. A lotof my practice has been at 50 yds. That being said, I have not shot at a deer over 20 yds the past 10 yrs.
- I retired 20 months ago, after working as an engineer in R&D over 33yrs for the military bomb squad (explosive ordnance disposal). "Off season" I take care of my farm and foodplots on the nearby Navy Base (I am a foodplot junkie).I teach MD hunter safety classes(used to teach NBEF),andam a volunteer tracker at the Navy Base during the bowseason. (I get a "lifetime" of trackingexperience every season - if the guy double-lunged the deer, he didn't need me...). The wife and I like tohike mountains (across the US and overseas). We hiked ~2 weeksin Australia this past Feb and are getting geared up to hike the Big Bend in Texas this Dec.
- Go ahead and contact ryan aller. It will give us some options if Uphunter89 doesn't come across, or we can vote...

-fsh
Old 08-25-2006, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also shoot year round.. Practice more on spots in the winter months for indoor shoots. Now I'm shooting hunting situations with a 3d target, at mixed yardages and from ground and elevated postions.

I work in an Aluminum Extrusion Company where, I'm the Extrusion and Die Shop manager. Over the years we havesupplied many hunting related comapanies, in addition to the other industries we serve. Some Companies include Mathews, Quality Archery, kwik site, many tree stand companies etc.

I appreciate all the votes of confidence.. and would love to see some of the more detailed logos.

Went to set up a trail cam last night saw 5 does (2 Moms 3 Fawns) and a really nice buck on the adjoining property. He was very skidish. I was driving out and saw him and eased to a stop to glass him..and he took off. So he was an older and wiser guy with very impressive head-gear. No time to count or estimate, but a boomer for sure.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:18 AM

ok i will contact him and see what he can do...

i work for the chippewa national forest right now but soon that will be ending unfortunatly....season position. next i will be moving on to a bartending job at a bowling alley....not a perfect job but hey it pays the bill.....
Old 08-25-2006, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

I posted some new photos of some of the bucks I am chasing in another existing thread... (http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1623618&mpage=2). Postyourpics GR8atta2d.

- fsh
Old 08-25-2006, 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: buckhuntinkg

well seen as where we all are getting to know each other.... what y'all do for a living? what do you do in the off season?
I am a landscpe contractor, and I play soccer when I am not hunting or working(manuman is derived from my favorite team--Manchester United, fondly referred to as Manu, and I am a man!) Here is a pic of me heading off to a sat'day am match.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Manuman - I like it... I played for VA Tech (left wing) and then added another 15+ yrs of recreational soccer in the Wash DC area (played on teams with a lot of foreign nationals). Twoleg breaks (one quite severe)andseveral (related) fractures ended my soccer days, but not my love for running or the game. Old men are not meant to play anyway, lol. Too bad about the World Cup, they could've done better. - nice buck in your "see you picture post".
-fsh
Old 08-25-2006, 10:25 AM

Yep, I knew that with Arena in charge we were going to do just as they did. I won't go there though! I am ,obviously, in the twilight of my playing days. I play with a Mexican team in Atlanta, and indoor , also in Atlanta. I have had my share of bumps as well--2 fractured vertebra in my neck, 9 broken ribs, 20 ankle sprains, partial tear to my rt ACL,broken thumb, and knocked unconscience once--but,hey--soccer is a noncontact sport! I play almost any position, including back up keeper, but prefer center mid, and sweeper. Do you follow the EPL or any pro league?
Old 08-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

I don't follow any of the pro leagues per se, just catch a raregame on the tube once in a blue moon. I played a lot of indoor in my twilight years, it got me into the best shape I'd ever been - but the sudden moves on a hard surface generated a stress fracture above an old break, and the light went on - time to hang it up. Gave away all my gear, boots, balls etc so that I would never be tempted again. At least I got out ofit with both knees intact, I had too many friends end up withsome nasty tears... too bad about the acl - as they say, broken bones heal...
-fsh
Old 08-25-2006, 01:29 PM

I honestly forget what it scored, i can search the threads from last seasons contest to find out, or we shall just ask the masked menance when he returns from the elk hunt.

Like you guys, I am a year around shooter...I try to shoot at least three nights a week- probably roughly between 200-300 arrows a week (never counted).

Right now, I am currently working for Parks Unlimited in Venago County, Pa as an independent mapper- doing GPS work and mapping all their maintained trails. After I finish that, (Should be next week probably...) I have an interview with BAE a comapany used by the department of defense to do mapping assignments, I'll keep you guys posted with how the interview goes- I would be on the 4-12 shift, which would give me every morning free to hunt, so my fingers are crossed and the money aint bad either
Old 08-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok guys I'm traveling till Weds..Have a good time.. and Practice, darn it!!

Quick Reply: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.