Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread >

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:50 PM

Default RE: 16- Team Official Thread

Antler Eater and rookiebowhunter, still missing in action.

Anyway guys, anybody have any ideas for a name or a logo??
Old 08-23-2006, 01:17 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Antler Eater isn't missing in action... he is just hiding!! He knows what is in store for him once he shows himself!! He does kill some darn nice bucks though. Quite the doe killer too. Two in one shot comes to mind!! What a character!!

Tim
Old 08-23-2006, 03:27 AM
Typical Buck

I would go along with anything for a name, but think an "underdog" or laid-back theme would work...

My setup includes a Mathews Q2XL, 2514 XX75's (telephone poles) and 125gr slick tricks.

Did some scouting yesterday evening on a farm where I am the only bowhunter. An Augustbachelor herd of ~12 bucks that I've been monitoring has apparently parted company, as I have not seen them in my past two outings. It was the most impressive herd of bucks I've ever seen [8D].There were(3) 10'ers in the group (onean impressive 22"+ with good tines), an omg 8'er, anda non-typical with two left beams. Anyway, these guys are survivalists - like most mature deer around here, they'll go nocturnal before the season opens - otherwise they wouldn't get that big, lol.

Here is a pic of part of the herd in Aug, 2005 over at a friendly neighbor's woods (that I have permission to hunt) - the nontypical is on the left and added a lotofmass this year - fsh

Old 08-23-2006, 05:15 AM

I got a call from a developer friend who has invited me to hunt his farm, not 15 minutes frommyhouse where he has seen some good bucks walking his properrty. He is a bird hunter, and doesn't bowhunt. He has seen a 14 pointer, that , in his word, is 6" beyonnd his ears!!!! Guess where I am headed for some scouting s'day? The first 2 guesses don't count!
I am shooting a Bowtech Tribute, 74 lbs, 28" draw, LH, Gold Tips, with Muzzy 4 blade 100 grain, Trophy Ridge fallaway rest, and Tru Glo pendulum sights. I shoot a release.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:59 AM

Hey, good luck this year you guys. I've got a few team names in mind for you, how about "Doe Killaz" or "Button Buckmasters?"Hee hee, you guys don't stand a chance, even if Antler Eater puts on his cheerleading outfit and his mask. Maybe this will draw the masked man out of hiding. He's probably masterminding the plan to take this year's monster. I about fell over when I saw the pic of last year's monster! If we would have taken his mask off for the pic, I probably would have fainted!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: manuman
I got a call from a developer friend who has invited me to hunt his farm...
- not bad when they call you up. Good luck scouting.
-fsh
Old 08-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I say we stick with the Underdog theme also..Maybe even incorporate the little cartoon super hero "Underdog" into our logo. My set-up is in my signature.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:28 PM

Yep---he called and said t get in touch with him s'day at 7 am. He wants to show me he property and is hoping to see one when we go walk the boundaries. He is a duck hunter, and he has seen the big boy and several others. He had a couple of guys in there last year who , in his words couldn't find a thing, yet he knows that they are crawling all over his property. I hope I can hone in on the 14 or one of the other big ones he's seen. Who knows, I may be recruited by the WHA if I do!!!
Old 08-23-2006, 05:20 PM

well i hunt mostly ohio and kentucky i have a farm i do deer controll on for some guy i know i get mostly does there i do have my eye on a buck ive seen every year he just hasnt given me a shot yet i will do what i can to score on a deer but i wont shoot a small one if i get my mathews ready in time ill be changing the bow i use if not ill keep shooting my parker it works damn good
Old 08-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys just a short note. I am looking forward to getting to know all you fellas. It sounds like you all are very strong!!! I am leaving in the AM to go on my annual Elk hunt so I won't be around for a while.

Don't listen to Buckeyebuckhnter, TJF, or Chucker34, they are all troublemakers and are just yanking your chain. They like putting pressure on a mild manneredold man even if he is masked to hide his hideousness.

I have not seen a single good buck in my area since last November but I will put in the time and effort in an attempt to make things happen; after that it is in the hands of fate.

All I want is for our team to go ten for ten and let the scores fall where they may.......[8D][:-][&:]

See you all later fellas......

Quick Reply: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.