Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread >

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 01:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 16- Team Official Thread

Greetings, team. I live in pretty good deer country in southern British Columbia, right on the Washington state border. I retired in June this year and anticipate having all kinds of time to hunt this season. It begins Sept 1 and goes until Dec 10.

I started bowhunting in 1996 and have taken 10 deer (I think) in all. Archery consumes me and I'll be heading to the provincial Seniors Games tomorrow for most of a week. This will likely be the last time I can post until I get back; I won't have forgotten you and will jump back in when I return.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

We are the underdogs and thats how we like it!!
No team is an under dog manned with Antler Eater.... He is a monster buck killing machine.
We are all aware of Antler Eaters nack of finding big nasty bucks

But we are gonna stick to our underdog theory...at least until we return with the same team next year..
Old 08-22-2006, 07:38 AM

Just remember guys they don't all have to be huge, if EVERYONE scores on a buck- regardless of size, we should have an excellent chance.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jerry606

Just remember guys they don't all have to be huge, if EVERYONE scores on a buck- regardless of size, we should have an excellent chance.
This could be true, but from the gitgo, I do not plan totake a deer I normally would pass on because of this contest...(e.g. see my post in a subforum: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1623618&mpage=2). The consequence is that I've shot only one buck in the pastfour years. If this bothers anyone, and I hope it wouldn't, I would willingly withdraw from the team...
-fsh

Old 08-22-2006, 10:10 AM

Manuman reporting for duty! I live in Georgia, and hunt in SC, and Al each year. I take a buck or 2 each year with my bow, and also with rifle. I am a selective hunter, but don't get overly crazy about the trophy mentality--not opposed, just like to keep it in perspective. I am self employed(landscape contractor)as well, but it takes alot of my time, but I do manage to get out close by here in the N Ga mountains, and take a few trips to clubs in W Ga, SC, and Al. I have been given permission to hunt some private land close by that belongs to a developer freind of mine, and he has seen some very respectable deer on his property, so I will be more selective than usual---especially since I want to make a good contribution for the team! BTW, the real name is Greg--look forward to hunting with you guys this season and reigning as champs!!!Okay, at least having some good fun together--I got carried away!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:09 AM

I forgot to mention that I went to SC this past weekend and saw one decent 8 pointer in 2 evening hunts.There were 8 'coons under me at one time th efirst evening, and 2 armadillos, along with a copperhead that was 'fishing' in a water hole 10 yards away. At least I got the season underway--even if it was 98 degrees!
Old 08-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome aboard manuman - keep up with the updates, thanks.

I will miss our 15 Sept opener here in MD; I'mheaded up to Newfoundland to bowhunt moose/caribou. So just a head's up that I'll be scarce after ~8 Sept.

-fsh
Old 08-22-2006, 01:05 PM

FSH,

Not at all bud, I wasn't implying shoot the first thing you see at all. I do not expect anyone to compromise their personal goals for the season for a measely contest with no prize. I was just saying in the past, the teams that won usually one with 8 dinky bucks. Nobody need to feel pressure to down a booner, just because of the contest. Just get out, be safe and have fun.

Jerry
Old 08-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Jerry. I didn't want to sound so harsh. Good hunting, looking forward to hearing of your adventures.
-fsh
Old 08-22-2006, 06:47 PM

What's everybody shooting?

My setup:

2000 Jennings Buckmaster
Nap Quicktune
Copper John 5 pin
NAP Shockblocker

Quick Reply: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.