Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread >

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

He'll be back soon enough with a booner, just in time to rocket us back into first
Old 11-01-2006, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TJF

Where's that Antler Eater?? Been waiting patiently to see what brute he shots this year andread the story behind it. Well maybe to trash talk him also. I think he is hiding!!

Tim
Antler Hiding?? Heck he's probably been trying to drag his "annual monster" out for 10 days! Fighting off coyotes and bear the whole way, with only a knife left for protection! Soon to return to the accolades of fellow hunters and the dreamy looks from the girls!! You'll see!! Just wait!
Old 11-01-2006, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

ORIGINAL: TJF

Where's that Antler Eater?? Been waiting patiently to see what brute he shots this year andread the story behind it. Well maybe to trash talk him also. I think he is hiding!!
When I read that, I thought--I didn't know he knew me that well!I am still trying to find time to go.I also have been letting the property where the poachers hit settle back down. The rut is around the corner, andI will get back in there soon enough.My plan is to be there friday am and sat'day--and hopefully the sheriffis dept and teh DNR have run off my little enemigos![:@]I haven't been skunked in many years, so I will score eventually!Also, I have a little added incentive this year, in the form of my father's memory.
Tim
Antler Hiding?? Heck he's probably been trying to drag his "annual monster" out for 10 days! Fighting off coyotes and bear the whole way, with only a knife left for protection! Soon to return to the accolades of fellow hunters and the dreamy looks from the girls!! You'll see!! Just wait!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:15 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Bear?? I don't think so. I can buy the rest of it though. The dreamy looks from girls is a stretch though since he never takes that darn mask off!! Course them women like mysterious men so who's to say.

Tim
Old 11-02-2006, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

...I might have known my old nemesis TJF shows up to add insult to my misery . Hey how have you been buddy? How is the hunting going for you and dagger?

Yes, I have been hiding out in the woods but I have not seen anything yet that is worth dropping the string on. I am lurking though, licking my chops at all of these big bucks Fshfly and others are taking...

So if I kill a big buck I could get "dreamy looks" from pretty girls???[8D]Man I am going to have to somehow try harder then!As far as the mask thing goes...look at the ladies Bat Man gets to run around with! Who could complain about those fair ladies?

I can't control what walks by but I can assure my team that I will be out there a portion of almost everyday until the sun sets on the last day of the season or my tags are filled. Whether I see a good buck or take one; that is a different story.....

Go team 16 Undies....I mean team 16Underdogs!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Antler Eater isn't hiding I seen him just the other day. He helped me put new sightson my bow. And as for that monster, lets just say that soon really soon a unsuspecting whitetail will meet it's demise trying to sneak past that savvy hunter. I think he has one tied upsomewhere. But don't any of you guys fret because he always come thru, thru hard work and patience. As for all the women, he has become somewhat nocturnal do too constant harrassment.[&:]
Old 11-02-2006, 07:46 AM

you guys are to funny well its going slow around here havnt had anything to shoot at i hope tonight is the night at least a doe or something
Old 11-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok team I have a minor issue.2 things you should knowif you've been following my saga.
1) It's been rain and high winds most of the season
2) My corner stand which has been virtually saved for the pre-rut activity is my go to stand this time of year.

So I escape work and hour or so early yesterday, and even though I don't have alot of time, I head to the corner stand.

Well the problem is..the wind has knocked down 2 trees virtually eliminating all but 1 or 2 shootingareasand I mean what's left is TIGHT! He would have to postion himself perfectly. I've never been a fan of cutting shooting lanes. I try and postion my stands naturallyto gain shooting positions.To clear a shooting lane would not be a snip here and there..it would require a handsaw.(it's not huge trees requiring a chainsaw) Do I dare?? Or do I for-go the quickie hunts there and only go in that area when I can take my climber and slightly relocate (Sat and Sun only due to work)
Option 2 is hunt that stand and only take the shot if it presents perfectly??

Another tidbit of info.. this area is a working farm so a daytime intrusion isn't out of the ordinary

Opinions??? Advice??
Old 11-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Typical Buck

GR8
- for what its worth. IMHO, bucks are not cognizant of pruning and trimming near as much as does are, especially this time of year when they are traveling with little else on their mind... so my vote would be to cut away for your shooting lanes. Look at it from another perspective - nature had re-arranged the landscape, you are part of nature. Just keep your scent down in the area.
- Good luck!!
-fsh
Old 11-02-2006, 03:58 PM

I hunt in an area where there's been some loggong going on, and the deer come to the tree tops to feed, and seem curius at what is going on. Since the trees have blown over, I don't thinkit is an issue at all--except as Fly said---be careful about th escent in the area. A little more 'touch up' to what the storm already did won't be very noticeable, except for thr scent factor.
I am going back to my honey hole spot after staying away for 2 weeks to let it cool down after the poaching incident, and then I will hunt again sat'day as well. It's been rainy, and then windy here today, and is supposed to cool off and be calm in the morning--which is a good thing--as you know! The landowner told me today that he drove through there last night and there were deer everywhere, so I think that would indicate that the sheriff's and DNR have had a positive effect---hopefully not too late.

Quick Reply: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.