Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread >

25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread

Hey slackers I figured I’d pull your sorry soles from the bottom of page two and remind you that we already have last place team calculated based on age, gender, and history… (team 8) and you need not be scared to show your faces round here! Look alive!
Old 09-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been out of town the past few days, but rest assured this weekend I'll be making a trip up to WI in pursuit of some northwoods bucks. The nice thing is it'll give me a good solid weekend to work all the "kinks" out of my setup (backpack, clothes, boots, etc) before the season opens the following weekend here in IL.

Don't worry about us. We talk with our arrows, not our mouths.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:50 PM

Sorry I've been busy getting ready for the opener on Saturday. So I haven't had any time to get on the computer. But I feel I've put myself in a good place for opening day. So maybe I can get off to a good start. Good Luck to all and go get a Big'n.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

I'm still here, I've been checking our thread everyday. Everyones been busy and not posting much. But we will make it count in the woods !!!! like HNIJustin said we will let our Bows do the talking !
Old 09-25-2006, 04:50 AM

He guys just letting you know that the only thing that I seen this weekend was a spike, a couple of does, and of course the almighty bear. I am going to try to get out some this weekafter school/work so good luck to all.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, after my first-ever trip to Northern WI to hunt the big county forest land I have to say - its a lot harder than you think! Certainly a big change from the farmlands of IL that I'm used to.

Saturday morning was spent scouting out a few spots that I had earmarked last year. We found what looked like a good spot at the top of a huge ridge with a lot of oaks on it, picked out a tree, and got the heck out of there. Came back in the afternoon, hung our stands, and sat in the pouring rain for 2 hours before leaving. Nodeer sightings.

Sunday morning we got a late start and were headed into our stand as it broke daylight and wouldn't you know it - we bumped what sounded like a very heavy deer about 40 yards from the stand. Doh! Sat the rest of the morning with no deer sightings, but we did see two pine martens which was pretty cool. After the AM hunt we scouted the area a little more thoroughly and left to get some breakfast.

Returned last night and had the world's smallest doe walk perfectly into our setup but I just couldn't do it. I'll bet she only weighed 40 lbs. We laughed about it, took her picture a few times, and got out of there at dark. After the 6 hr ride home I got to sleep around 2 am.

This weekend is the IL opener so hopefully I'll have some better luck. Although I have to say, it felt really good to get out in the woods.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's some photos from my weekend.

Old 09-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pine Marten...

Old 09-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Scenery..

Old 09-28-2006, 02:18 AM

Well guys..Saturday is opener for me, been checkin on my buddy but haven't got a pic of him yet but I know he is there.
Got my bear lastweek...unfortunately not with the bow though. Fired at him the night before I got him and my string hooked a flap on my jacket...GRRR took the power outta the arrow and almost got me and himinto a real mess, heres a pic from the trailcam of him leaving as arrow arrived...he got a jump from the noise of my jacket....see flights @ the base of birchtree...but all went well the next evening with the .270

Quick Reply: 25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.