Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread >

25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 08:00 AM

Default RE: 25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread

Sounds like ya'll are doing preatty good. Sorry I've been busy workin/huntin but haven't got anything yet. Good luck to all
Old 10-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys - any news??

I wasted a week chasing bucks in the big woods of Wisconsin but never got close to anything other than a gnarly spiker and some squirrels. With the rut just around the corner I'm looking forward to the next few weeks of trying to get a kill on film - either in front of or behind the camera.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

thats a nice buck you got ! looks dead even no deductions there.
congratulations on ending your dry spell .
Old 10-26-2006, 03:06 AM

Well guys missed one last night in a cornfield here.
Pouring down rain, 20yds, head in the row to the right of me, butt in the row to the left of me, saw at least four points on the rightside, horns about as thick as my fist where they joined it's head... I released...it started a little...arrow went just over it's back about an inch or two, and stuck in the ground in a litte upward grade 41 paces past where it was standing dead center of the row...deer trotted about 6-7 rows and went back to grazin' and grazed it's way out of sight into the corn....Grrrrrrrrr,happened pretty fast as I was stalkin about four rows in from the edge and it was thick where it stepped in from the woods, rifle season starts here Friday and it's gonna get a bit harder.
Don't have a clue about scoring but I suspect as thick as they were they would have done well even though the tines weren't all that high.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:52 AM

Finally I saw a buck worth shooting so I took him at about 30 yds, and he ran about 40 yds full story in forums!! Go triple B's team 25!!!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

Thats a big deer, well done !
can't believe the snow you got.looks like winter.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been around for a few days - so here's a belated congrats! The body on that deer is huge!

Team 25 is picking up some steam. Watch out, we're the silent contenders this year.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:00 AM

drizzu don't forget to post it on the score card. i didn't see it there. congrats that's a good deer.

i've been hunting hard and seeing 3 different 2 1/2 on a corn field but they just disced it and i did not see one deer the last time i hunted that stand. hopefully they come back to the field to dig up some corn

P.S. has anyone had any luck with disced up corn fields
Old 11-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ILBowhunter - I wish there were disced up cornfields around here, all of mine are still standing! The deer are in the corn thick right now, which is making them a total PITA to hunt. I'm hoping this corn comes down soon because this is getting out of hand!

Good luck to everyone this upcoming weekend, it should be a good one!
Old 11-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Well team members I have to tell you I'm sorry, A few days ago I missed my shot at the ten point I've been waiting for. I had him at 30 yards and he dropped as soon as I shot. Went right over his shoulder. I was sleepless all night.

I have a great story to tell of the hunt, but I will wait for another day. Good news is he ran a doe past my stand tonight twice at 10 yards but wouldn't stop for my shot.

I hope to tag out on him soon. Their really chasing right now seen 5 different bucks the past 4 days. I'll keep you posted

Quick Reply: 25- Team "Triple B's" Big Buck Busters Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.