Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread >

9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Hi guys, I have not been on here in awhile. Killed 2 does on video and been passing on some small bucks. I dont know how much longer the small ones will be safe.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

He will come bullmoose, it will all come together in the next couple of weeks.

As for me, its been slow, lots of small bucks are starting to show themselves, but no big boys yet.

On a bad note, yesterday was a bad day. Just found out that 2 bucks i was hunting were dead. Got a call yesterday that the main frame 10 point with drop tines on both sides, so a 12 point with a few smaller kickers was hit by a car and is dead. Im trying to figure out if anyone has the rack so i can look at it and try to get a picture or 2 of it. Supposedly it will score in the 140s. Deer of a life time in my area. The second deer is a deer that i had been hunting on a different property and i scouted this summer. He is about a 100-110 inch deer, a respectable deer in my area.He is a 8 point with his one brow tine that is about 5 inches and bends outwards, so it is easily recognizable. Found him tracking a buddies doe and he was completely eaten up. Since my one fall bow ends today, i used my tag on him and have the rack. Once its all cleaned up i will post a picture of him. Sad day, but there are other bucks around. Its sad though, i know that odds were against me, but that drop tine buck was my dream buck, might never even see another drop tine buck in my life again, let alone a double drop tine.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:49 AM

Hey guys havent been on in awhile this weekend i'll be hunting sat and the whole next week and weekend and guess what thats rut. So hopefully I'll have a shot at a nice deer well my brother just got a pieball he sent his to the score card it was a 6 pointer and scored 71 welll see ya
Old 11-01-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hows everyone making out? I for one am getting very frustrated. Im hunting great properties, but just not seeing any bucks. Im seeing some does, but the bucks are nowhere to be found. Ill keep after it. We need to start making our move to win this thing, we have given the other teams enough of a head start. Lets get some bone on the ground.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

im also getting very frustrated.. great property nothing big enough for me to shoot im almost ready to lower my standards
Old 11-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 9- Team Official Thread

missed a 125inch 10 pointer last nite... sorry guys
Old 11-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks Jberry. I know the feeling as I missed a nice 5x when it was 15 degrees f. Damn string hit the inside of my arm with the added clothing and I knew that would happen too. 8 inches of snow came and turned to rain and now we have a major melt down. I been useing a set of chains geting around in the muck and sludge. I had 8 deer with in 20 yards of me last night and most all does and yearlings and a one horned spike and another deer that I'm not sure of. I saw mostly does today and a herd of mulies with a small 3x. I'm starting to see a real increase in activeity since conditions have been dramatically changing from 15 degrees to 55 degrees in 5 days and the weather will be the same this week. The worse the weather gets, the better hunting gets.
Good luck team 9 and keep it safe.

Bobby
Old 11-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

well the pre rut is on for sure.. i saw 7 different bucks saturday and sunday out of my same stand.. 3 shooters as i missed one :\.. but ill be out again this week.. good luck team
Old 11-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, sat all day on sat. Saw a spike and a nice 8 point. Only problem was the 8 point came in behind me and although he came within 10 yards of my tree, never offered a shot. Neat to see him, but frustrating that i couldnt get it done. Im starting to think that it might not happen for me this year, but there is plenty of time left. Hows everyone making out?
Old 11-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

missed a decent 10.. and i have seen some real nice mature ones but no shot

Quick Reply: 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.