Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread >

9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 12:06 PM

Default RE: 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Deer hunting has been slow since I shot high on my 5 pt (10pt). This weekend is strictly Elk hunting for me though so I'll get back on track late this month or early Nov.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

keep ur head up.. good luck on the elk hunting hope u can get another shot at that 10..
Old 10-13-2006, 04:37 AM
Fork Horn

well good luck to all this weekend tomorrow the 14th is my opening day hunt safe and hard.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

pjarrows, good luck this weekend, i hope you have a great first outing. Lets get some horn on the ground!

Things around here has been extremely slow. Cameras are saying the deer are there, but im not seeing them anymore, and thefew i do see are all fawns. Talk about Frustration[:@]. Anyhow, was out this morning and didnt see anything. Going out this afternoon on my hottest property, so hopefully its alittle better than this morning. Im going to Florida to go sailfishing on the boat tomorrow for a week. Be back after the whitetails when i get back. Good luck to all you guys.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too will be taking the following week hunting for elk. The last two weeks of nov. is primo for big buck activity. I'm just not seeing any quality of deer. I have a doe tag but still hav'ent used it, I'm not that crazy about shooting a doe and blowing a buck coming in. I think maybe I'm just lazy and don't feel like dealing with it. I've got the next 6 weeks off to do nothing but hunt, I'll cheque in when I can and good luck folks and lets start slingin some arrows.

Bobby
Old 10-17-2006, 06:38 PM

Sorry guysI havent been talking I have been to busy hunting on opening day 3 weeks ago I saw 1 doe but since thenI havent seen anything but squirrels, chipmunks, and rats well I'll see ifI can get something this weekend well see ya
Old 10-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Well last night we drew frist blood, I watched a doe for about 5 min before I decied to take the shot 25yds broadside, Deer ran about 40 yds. One for the land owner.

Now for the kicker when I get home the wife tells me my sister called (she owns exclent hunting land 150 acre with lots of deer and nice bucks) whe tells me that she seen 9 does with 3 bucks with them a 4pt, 8pt and the other one was big (is all I got) so guess where I an going this weekend. well good luck to all.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

good luck.. i have been seeing some action i have been passing on some 90-100 inch deer because i know of some big 130-140 class. but this weeeknd i have 4 days to hunt so i might take one
Old 10-20-2006, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

well last night #2 for the season is down 20yd shot deer ran 30yds towards the car again, this time I needed to drag her 30yds. I am on vacation for the next week I will check back than good luck all.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great work, pjarrows! Lets hope that new property pans out for you.

An update to what ive been up to, since i took the doe, its been down hill. Have been putting in the time but havent been seeing much. Went fishing last weekend so i was out of the woods. I got back midday on saturday and went straight out in the woods. My buddy shot a 110 inch 8 point 2 fridays ago on this property, and we have seen alot more deer there, so its the hot place right now. Saw a 4 point but that was about it. Yesterday morning i went to another property that i hunt every so often. It has been more of a doe spot in the past, but the landowner sees really nice bucks every year there once the rut gets under way. He used to be a big hunter but got out of it so he knows what he is talking about. Well i walked around and saw 3 scrapes, a ton of rubs and some serious trails. I went to a part of the property that i have never hunted and found a funnel full of rubs with 2 scrapes in it, so i found a perfect tree and am itching to get back in there. Its one of those spots that you know if you put the time in i will get one, so thats what im going to do. Lets keep the fingers crossed and get some antlers on the ground!

Quick Reply: 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.