Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread >

9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 10:17 AM

Default RE: 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

here's a little of what I'm shooting for, one of many pics of nice bucks where I'll be hunting

dang, this is always the longest week of the year, my season opens this sat!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bow4bo, those are some great deer you got there, i hope you get a shot at the bruiser on the right side of the picture. If you need any help going after him, just let me know. Have bow, will travel.

Just to keep you guys all updated, went out last night to a 50 acre piece of property we own. Have seen some great bucks on it and its the property my buddy saw a 140 inch 8 point on. Anyhow, at the top of the hill there are a TON of oaks dropping acorns. My buddy has been up there but hasnt been in the best spot, but he didnt want to go back up in that area for some reason last night so i took my climber up and got in the zone. I was hunting by 4:15 and figured i had about an hour till they moved, i was wrong. I sut my eyes and a minute later i heard a twig crack. Was a doe with a fawn. They never came in range, but 15 minutes later a lone doe came in and she found out the hard way what a NAP Spitfire will do to both of her lungs real quick. She ended up running about 80 yards and fell over and died. Ended up seeing 4 does, 4 fawns, a small 8 point and i forgot to mention it on the main forum, but also saw a spike. Had to drag her about 300 yards to the field and when i got there there were a mess of bucks out in the field with 2 of them being BRUISERS. it was getting dark so i couldnt tell exactly what they were, but i know the 2 were wider than their ears and they were tall too. Maybe next time. Great night to be out in the woods. Ended up butchering the deer with my brother and were done and cleaned up by 10. Looks like backstraps are on the menu real soon.

I went out thismorning to one of my money spots cause the conditions were perfect, but saw only a spike. I dont know why they werent moving, but i know i saw a bunch on thedrive to the spot. They must have been moving all night with no moon.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

gj on the doe kill.. gl on the bruisers.. one week till my season starts.. i have counted 11 different bucks scoring over 110 inches on 2 different locations i hunt
Old 09-22-2006, 07:19 AM

Great Job on the doe! I'm hoping to put some backstraps on the menu after this weekend too, whether it be one of my 2 doe tags or my buck tag!

I fully expect after this weekend that team 9 will be off the shnide.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:46 PM

Sorry that i havent been on for a while but im starting to hunt this weekend and hopefully i'll see some deer well bye
Old 09-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quick update, hunted 4 times since my last post, saw a small 6 point, some does and fawns, but that was about it. Should have taken 2 more does, but it just never worked out. Not much buck movement where im hunting but they are certainly out there. Good news is the land owner on the one place i hunt said there is a nice 10 pointer running around, but i havent seen him. Lets hope he makes a mistake and comes within 25 yards of my tree.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:13 PM

Well fellas, I screwed up!

I had a shot at a darn nice 5pt (10 pt in most of your lingos) and shot too high. I won't be able to hunt fora couple of weeks now but I'll be putting in a lot of time after this next month.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright, it sounds impressive. I start this weekend and will be at it hard for the next two months with nothing in my way. I am pumped and ready. Lets getter done.

Bobby
Old 09-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

set up a few more stands.. and i counted 18 rubs.. already season hasnt even started
Old 10-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

How is everyone making out? Nothing much has been happening here in NJ, the full moon has them all hidden somewhere. I did see a doe, fawn and a spike last night, doe was within 8 yards, but never had a clear
shot[:@], but it was still fun to see them atleast. Ill be out tomorrow morning to see whats going on, hopefully the clouds will keep them from moving around all night. Only time will tell. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Quick Reply: 9- Team "Unleashed" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.